LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Wetsuit

Best Wetsuit

After this winter I am gonna get a new wetsuit and was wondering what is the best wetsuit for November through February Swell. Dont really care about money.

2. So far for me it is easily Patagonia R4. (I have worn every winter wetsuit over the last 20 years.) I also heard they are doing limited release of a plant based wetsuit that is sustainable and will change the game over the next few years. I am going to look into this one too.

Images
    I've got an O'neill mutant 5/4. Just used it on sunday. Still warm.

Billabong sg5 hooded 5/4. This suit fits me well and is super comfy and stretchy. I tried on the r4 and a xcel dry lock 5/4 and they both felt heavy and stiff in comparison. On the same note they are probably warmer more durable suits. Try a bunch on.

xcel chest zip. I'm not a huge fan of dry lock but the infinity and even the x-zip are stretchy and warm and awesome. I'd try Patagonia but knowing that I can get a proven suit for half the price from xcel, I just can't bring myself to do it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RIsurfer View Post
    I've got an O'neill mutant 5/4. Just used it on sunday. Still warm.
    I'm a big fan of the mutant too, and the heat 4/3...kind of a bulky dude I like the way O'neils fit me.

Images
    got a rip curl flashbomb 5/4 haven't gotten even chilly in it yet it fits great and got good stretch .

Quote Originally Posted by es-dot View Post
    got a rip curl flashbomb 5/4 haven't gotten even chilly in it yet it fits great and got good stretch .
    I absolutely love the E-bomb pro and Flashbomb. So much stretch. I hardly feel like I am in a suit. Also, it is as warm as one could ever want to be.

Images
    Orange. White helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendJim View Post
    So far for me it is easily Patagonia R4. (I have worn every winter wetsuit over the last 20 years.)
    I was gonna say 'favorite' but not 'best' unless you've tried every one out there - and then I see the legend has tried every one. What would your top 3 be jim? What is it about the patagonia suit you like so much (and that justifies the high price)? warmth? fit? performance? all of the above? like lee says you can get quality suits for so much less...