LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Neoprene Shorts - Oneill Hammer Shorts

http://www.wetsuitwearhouse.com/page...FQyg4AodRnAA4w

Anyone ever use these? I didn't want to shell the out the cash for a new springer.

I have a good 1.5mm long sleeve top. I figure the top, plus the neoprene shorts under my trunks will serve as a great spring-suit hybrid for borderline NY summer dawn patrols. Then you can strip the top too when sun starts to cook.

The set up would probably be good for windy Hawaii & mornings too.

Haven't tried it, but it looks good. I have a pair of tight, stretchy shorts I wear under my trunks/wetsuit, but they're not neoprene. They work to eliminate chafe in the summer and getting in and out of a full suit in the winter. They also have the added benefit of keeping you out of jail when changing next to your car.
    Last edited by LBCrew; Feb 19, 2013 at 03:05 PM.

the ONLY reason i have a longsleeve spring is for those chilly fall mornings when the water is still warm, like the leslie & nadine swells where it was like 50* in the early AM & the water was still in the low 70s. the reason i wear that instead of my longsleeve top & boardshorts is b/c there's almost always a gap between the top & my boardshorts, or the top gets pushed up a little & that just seems to make it that much colder. the spring is all one piece, so there's none of that going on, so i'm more comfortable.
    i do like neoprene shorts for distance swimming in the ocean, or when i was lifeguarding, for rowing surfboats & such.

Quote Originally Posted by nickzilla720 View Post

Anyone ever use these? I didn't want to shell the out the cash for a new springer.

I have a good 1.5mm long sleeve top. I figure the top, plus the neoprene shorts under my trunks will serve as a great spring-suit hybrid for borderline NY summer dawn patrols. Then you can strip the top too when sun starts to cook.

Those look great, i'll probably pick me up a pair. I have a pair of something like these but more light weight, provides extra warmth under the suit but also to avoid any chaffing, and they go well under board shorts too for those days where it's warm enough to trunk it but the water is still slightly chilly.
    Last edited by DawnPatrolSUP; Feb 19, 2013 at 03:19 PM.

I've got a pair made by patagonia/lotus designs and love em. I put em on before I leave the house and wear under my 5/3. Helps keep the core warmer and lets me change outside without freezing my balls off.

I always wear sport briefs under my wetsuits--prevents ball-suck and keeps you from inadvertently laying down on one of your stones on the paddle out. Those are my two biggest pet peeves about wetsuits.

Just picked one of those up along with one of these for the topspring top.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    I always wear sport briefs under my wetsuits--prevents ball-suck and keeps you from inadvertently laying down on one of your stones on the paddle out. Those are my two biggest pet peeves about wetsuits.
    I do the same. Especially in summer. It only took one good sack chafing for me to learn that boardies are not to be used alone.

These work great under the winter suit, and upwelling days during summer under the board shorts.

Hotline wetsuits have great thermal stuff too.
    Last edited by Gfootr; Feb 19, 2013 at 07:25 PM.

Definitely going to get a pair! I wear some Nike compression shorts under my board shorts, but these would be much more comfortable and little thicker. Thanks!