LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Fin program

Fin program

thinking about doing it this season

http://www.thesurfboardwarehouse.com...scription.aspx

Images
    i have been doing it for a while now.. its great

what if you break the fins?? do you have to pay or is that part of their gamble?

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    what if you break the fins?? do you have to pay or is that part of their gamble?
    Yup, says so in the fine print. I was doing this for a while, but cancelled after 3 months. By that point I was into 'em for 99 for the first month, and 9.99$ for each of the other two. I lost (my wife threw it away) envelope that my 2nd set of fins came in, which had the pre-paid postage on it. Asked Surfboard Warehouse to send me a new envelope, they said, "sorry bro."

Another 7 bucks and the time I spent standing in line at the post office and I started doing the math. For the money you spend on renting fins that you're ultimately liable for, you could buy 1 really nice pair, two mid-level pairs or 3 excellent used pairs of fins.

Risk vs. Reward didn't pan out for me.
    Last edited by zaGaffer; Feb 20, 2013 at 05:45 PM.

yeah i see where your coming from. wonder why they wouldn't just send you another envelope? lol

Dunno. I tried splainin' to dude that their whole profit model was based on long term customer retention and that customer service was key.

He was like, "We got a 7 foot plaster tube in our shop, WHOOO HOOOO BRAH!" and went all NetFlix on me.

Actually, he very cordially explained that their profit margins were too slim. I emailed him back and said, "I'm bad with pieces of paper (envelopes) and I don't like standing in line at the Post Office, please cancel my subscription." and they did and were very nice about it. Good customer service over all.

Post Office gives me the heebey-jeebies. My Dad was a Postman 'fore he joined the Navy and got out of Jersey. So was his Dad and his Dad before him. I figure it's only a matter of time 'fore it gets me too.

yea they seem like nice people up there... I like businesses who have good integrity, treat you good even though they don't get your business...
    haha you mine as well go apply now...keep it in the family! haha jk I really do not wish that on anyone. the post office is bad but nothing beats the DMV

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    I was doing this for a while, but cancelled after 3 months.
    Same experience. After maybe 6 or 7 months it struck me that i'd spent already as much as two quality fin sets. Plus, a couple of our local shops are pretty cool about just letting you borrow off their fin tree.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    Same experience. After maybe 6 or 7 months it struck me that i'd spent already as much as two quality fin sets. Plus, a couple of our local shops are pretty cool about just letting you borrow off their fin tree.
    Were they new fins? no paperwork or anything? seems like a cool shop