LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Energy Drinks b4 a surf...

Does anyone drink energy drinks before heading out for a surf session? or before any other type of athletic activity?
    I tried redbull before surfing a few times and have only felt thirsty 30minutes into it...

I hate energy drinks. I stick with old fashion coffee... If I still need more energy I'll do some cocaine.

Before I start getting ripped... I'm joking

lol... funnny. I drink lots of coffee... maybe that negates the effect of the energy drink!

HA HA HA, this is good. I used to get a coffee and a sausage biscuit from Mcd's.... half hour into session I would have to get out and handle my business. Not addicted, but out of all the energy drinks I have tried, I stand by red bull. But usually, walking over the dune and seeing actual surf pumps me up enough.

those things are terrible for you. i will admit to indulging in a monster now and then but not before physical activity. they cause cramps, dehydration, and a lot of other unwanted symptoms. they are great for mixing with alcohol but thats about it.

Images
    I tried one once before a session. All I can say is it was the worst session of my life. I felt jittery and unstable, it was terrible.

"Water not only quenches you thirst better, it tastes better too."

Energy drinks give me the jitters, despite drinking 3-4 cups of coffee daily. Water is my solution to staying hydrated & focused during sessions. Have you had your 64 ounces today?

I almost always have a 8oz can of sugar free redbull before going out. It's only as much caffeine as a cup of coffee, and a little bit of caffeine is good for you before activity. Sugar isn't so good, so get the sugar free. Food is energy, though, so I eat some bananas or protein bars about 1/2 hour before going.

I would avoid some of the other energy drinks since they can pump way too much caffeine into them.

yeah bra ever since I struck up the sponsorship with monsteredbulljoose I am contractually obligated to live on it. I have since grown an extra testical and can practice bio-luminescence.

No, really, that sh*t is awful for you. If you need more energy for surfing you should start eating better.