LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    I did work for a guy who said caffeine had beneficial affects. He said dosage and the individual was the key. He knew quite a bit scientifically and actually had a canister of "pure caffeine" in powder form (it wasn't coke).

A couple years ago I developed a complete intolerance to caffeine. A single cup of coffee or can of coke will ruin my whole day, making me feel like sh*t in a squirrely hang-over type fashion. The weird part is I drank one or two cups a day for years with no issues. It took me more than a month to figure out why I felt like turd snacks every day. I cut out the coffee and boom, there was the problem. I still can enjoy a cup of decaf though.
    Developed a similar issue, i drink decaf now, had a huge cup of it this morning actually. If i drink caffein now it makes me sweat pretty badly, it's no good. I use to drink energy drinks and diet coke among other things all the time for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    I tried one once before a session...I felt jittery and unstable, it was terrible.
    +1...I was all over the place...totally jittery. Can't believe that this would be something people would be interested ingesting. The side effects are just not worth it...

25,000 U.S. Deaths linked to sugary drinks

http://gma.yahoo.com/25-000-us-death...003907531.html

I try to just keep myself hydrated and eat a banana or an apple not long before paddling out. That said, when I'm on surf trips and pushing myself for more/longer sessions, I've been known to throw back a 5-hour energy. I feel like those things must just be terrible for the body, but they do seem to give me a boost, though maybe it's just placebo.