LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Board Recommendations

    Having issues staying in shape for using these tiny performance boards that don't paddle and have tight takeoffs. Used to be nbd as a grom, lil tougher now. Trying to experiment with weird boards and looking to buy ASAP (possibly from a local shaper if someone throws me a good idea). I'm originally a longboarder since i love waist high glass. Just lookin for something fun. Any advice?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    in the grace of the most holy FSM
    Posts
    2,810
    bing dharma or puck would suit you well.

    where are you located? hard to suggest a local shaper w/out that...

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    bing dharma or puck would suit you well.

    where are you located? hard to suggest a local shaper w/out that...
    philly at the moment, so im located in avalon, all the way to monmouth

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    in the grace of the most holy FSM
    Posts
    2,810
    Quote Originally Posted by patgeds22 View Post
    philly at the moment, so im located in avalon, all the way to monmouth
    along w/ the bings i suggested earlier & greenlight, i'd suggest brian wynn or jamie kelly (roots surfcraft). both make great boards & have impeccable glassing & color work.

  5. #5
    I was about to drop big money on a custom... the size was in the realm of "Im not sure this is the right size for me".... so I hit up craigs list for several weeks and then I got lucky... I found a used board in really pretty good shape (after some ding repairs) that was almost the exact size I was looking to get made. I have yet to surf it but plan on putting it through its paces and see how it works for me before I drop some big cash on a new custom.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Monmouth Beach, NJ
    Posts
    2,308
    Stop in at Greenlight in Manasquan if you're in the area. They have a bunch of boards on the rack, and can talk to you about what you're looking for. Plenty of alternative shapes, too.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Stop in at Greenlight in Manasquan if you're in the area. They have a bunch of boards on the rack, and can talk to you about what you're looking for. Plenty of alternative shapes, too.
    word man thanks

  8. #8
    You're orginally a longboarder - what happened? If you're looking for a fun board that you can ride almost every day, then a longboard is the answer. Stick with what your comfortable with.

  9. #9
    i enjoy both, but i want to explore weird boards thats all. my homie took out the potatonator or whatever, he said it paddles like a longboard and maneuvers a lil slower that your basic performance shortie. need something to be able to duckdive on head high days nah mean?

    forgot to quote @dlrouen "You're orginally a longboarder - what happened? If you're looking for a fun board that you can ride almost every day, then a longboard is the answer. Stick with what your comfortable with."
    Last edited by patgeds22; Feb 19, 2013 at 04:24 PM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by patgeds22 View Post
    i enjoy both, but i want to explore weird boards thats all. my homie took out the potatonator or whatever, he said it paddles like a longboard and maneuvers a lil slower that your basic performance shortie. need something to be able to duckdive on head high days nah mean?

    forgot to quote @dlrouen "You're orginally a longboarder - what happened? If you're looking for a fun board that you can ride almost every day, then a longboard is the answer. Stick with what your comfortable with."
    thanks dude i was about to go all out