LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    bing dharma or puck would suit you well.

where are you located? hard to suggest a local shaper w/out that...
    philly at the moment, so im located in avalon, all the way to monmouth

Quote Originally Posted by patgeds22 View Post
    philly at the moment, so im located in avalon, all the way to monmouth
    along w/ the bings i suggested earlier & greenlight, i'd suggest brian wynn or jamie kelly (roots surfcraft). both make great boards & have impeccable glassing & color work.

I ride all my boards. longboard short boart fish funboard pending the waves. My do all is my 7'7 fish hybrid. Good duckdiving, thick for paddling, loose enough to do any manuever. It goes to Costa Rica whenever I travel

Ignore that

Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    You're orginally a longboarder - what happened? If you're looking for a fun board that you can ride almost every day, then a longboard is the answer. Stick with what your comfortable with.
    Don't listen to him, longboarding is awesome but that doesn't mean their isn't room for trying something new. Usually when you find something you love, it was something else that brought you there. You never know how you will do or if you will love it but its worth a try. Nothing more soothing then the ocean waves!

As far as getting a board, go to a shop and ask what they think. It is hard to recommend a board to someone over the internet. Most board places will be able to look at you and know what your best options are. Good luck!

im 6 1 and around 185 and i use a 6'0 singlefin. I love that for knee to head lined up waves.

For u id imagine an egg type board with a single fin or a quad setup. The dudes at greenlight are legit so another vote for them. Nice round nose round tail very forgiving and good in the tube. can ride those mid size eggs in anything ive seen them perform in large hollow surf

Quote Originally Posted by patgeds22 View Post
    want to explore weird boards thats all. my homie took out the potatonator or whatever, he said it paddles like a longboard and maneuvers a lil slower that your basic performance shortie.
    People seem to be loving the SPUD. I'm pretty sure there's a brand new one just off the glassing racks at Greenlight right now. 5'4 x 21 1/8 x 2 1/2 ... quad layout with a single plug for a Nubster.

look at any modern "grovel" short board. Buy it like 6 sizes larger than the kid in the shop recommends. Catch every single wave.

Images
    I have 2 bing Dharmas and a sweepea. All are great boards.

Quote Originally Posted by moku_surf_shop View Post
    Don't listen to him, longboarding is awesome but that doesn't mean their isn't room for trying something new. Usually when you find something you love, it was something else that brought you there. You never know how you will do or if you will love it but its worth a try. Nothing more soothing then the ocean waves!

As far as getting a board, go to a shop and ask what they think. It is hard to recommend a board to someone over the internet. Most board places will be able to look at you and know what your best options are. Good luck!
    Hey man, no need to label my opinion as "Ignore this." Don't make me kick your ass over the internet. Not really, but I thought that was kind of a low blow.

You are right: there is always room for trying something new. In fact, we all tried something new when we surfed for the first time. There is always something new to try, but there is always room for improvement. Whether it's a log or a shortie, my opinion is to stick with what you're comfortable with and perfecting it.

Don't **** your pants just yet, Moku. You can still perfect your craft with diversity in your quiver. Hell, I took out my egg last week.

Images
    Gravy 5'10'' thruster futures setup. Real thin tail, wide nose, and lots of rocker.