LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

spongers got no speed???

funny vid of a surfer blasting past a dropin sponger...
    http://vimeo.com/59664445
    Last edited by MFitz73; Feb 19, 2013 at 03:05 PM. Reason: fix broken link

it wouldnt be fair to compare nic von rupp to a sponger.that euro fever is legit and cant be fukd with.i remember many years ago jamie o brien took off behind mike stewart on a 3rd reef bomb,and jamie got spit out first followed by stewart.spongers cant pump like u can on a surfboard,but they do charge.it seems like any situation a sponger gets himself into,somehow always makes it out.theyll pull into a closeout and come shootin out the lip,do a 360 air and float away.i dont hate tho,riden a wave is what its all about,whether your riding a board,sponge,lunch tray or just bodysurfing

Finless bodyboard... why can't they do stuff like this?
    http://vimeo.com/56040503

I almost feel guilty, I can't help but want to drop-in on the d!<$ draggers. I don't out of respect for fellow wave riders, and I suppose there may be a few waves more suited to sponging, but for the most part they should learn to stand up! It's natural progression in my mind. I learned to ride and read waves on a bodyboard myself. 360, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Nic Von Rupp rips.

And Mike Stewart is a legend

another ..great..first post... with a join date of Jan 2013.

Images
    Of course it's gotta be busy at work when this comes up...I'll be back later to weigh in later...new guy, maybe you don't have a d##k to drag...

Hiyooooo! I think it's the funniest term around for spongers, had never heard it before seeing a sign hanging on the fence at Pipe saying "No d!*& draggers!" Don't get so defensive, the speed thing is just physics.

Quote Originally Posted by bungalowparkbob View Post
    Don't get so defensive
    you must be new to this forum. Getting defensive is the only thing keeping it alive

won't touch the sponger comment with a 10 foot pole, but hot damn that looks like a fun wave!