LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tunes

Tunes

Been digging the studio version of Althea and the classic 'punky reggae party' opener from Babylon by Bus before I get in the water. I feel that the last song you hear before you get wet should be one that wont drive you crazy as it loops through your session. Anyone listening to anything good, new or old?

I've been listening to a lot of Slightly Stoopid lately. May 1st @ Greenfield Lake Amphitheater.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dlrouen View Post
    I've been listening to a lot of Slightly Stoopid lately. May 1st @ Greenfield Lake Amphitheater.
    Dude they would be sick live, I should try and convince my wife to head down for this!

The Streets, Harry Nilsson, Claude Debussey, Handsome Boy Modeling School (Dan the Automater and Prince Paul), Odd Future and playing right now, The Chemical Brothers We Are the Night.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    The Streets, Harry Nilsson, Claude Debussey, Handsome Boy Modeling School (Dan the Automater and Prince Paul), Odd Future and playing right now, The Chemical Brothers We Are the Night.
    Do The Streets have anything recent? I have some of their old albums from the mid 2000's but haven't kept up on them since then. Good, chill vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    Dude they would be sick live, I should try and convince my wife to head down for this!
    You should definitely roll down for some good waves & good vibes. Prior to the Slightly Stoopid show: 4/20 Reel Big Fish 4/23 STS9 4/24 Gov't Mule. For what it's worth, Lynyrd Skynyrd is playing Azalea Festival.

zaGaffer - great call on Dan the Automater. What about Del the Funky Homosapien? Dan & Del do a great co-op for 3030

Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    Do The Streets have anything recent? I have some of their old albums from the mid 2000's but haven't kept up on them since then. Good, chill vibe.
    He stopped making music, atleast under the name "The Streets" after the album he released a couple years back. He had some decent stuff in his later albums, but nothing compared to his early albums especially "Original Pirate Material".

During last weeks micro groundswell, I spent a lot of time sitting and staring at the horizon between sets.... with that dam Mumford and Sons', "I Will Wait" song torturing me.

If there were waves and if it were a lot warmer, I'd listen to this prior to entering the water.

Images
    I always get the worst songs stuck in my head when I'm surfing. For a while I had the Goodwill song "creating goodwill together, you and goodwill industries."

Last night was even worse but kinda fitting, it's been much too long since I've surfed and I had that Aaliyah song "its been a long time, i shouldn't have left you without a dope beat to step to, step to, step to."

It was the worst.