LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tunes

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    During last weeks micro groundswell, I spent a lot of time sitting and staring at the horizon between sets.... with that dam Mumford and Sons', "I Will Wait" song torturing me.
    So sorry for your troubles, they drive me INSANE. I always have live Dead and Talking Heads in the mix, but been going through a bit of a punk renaissance, lots of BR, Pennywise, Guttermouth, and the like...just discovered Slightly Stoopid and The Expendables and am definitely diggin' both.

I lost my hearing from all of the energy drinks

Damn you Clemson! Im'm going to have to blare some System of A Down to get that crap out of my head.

Here's what's in my rotation right now:

Pre-Dawn Patrol: BBC World News, Marketplace podcast, Descendents, System of A Down, Grade, Hot Water Music.

Other: Dave Ramsey Show, Marketplace, NPR News, Cat Empire (if you don't know, you should), anything from the Two-Tone and much Third-Wave Ska, any of the hundreds of Drum and Bass and/or hip hop mixes I did back when I made extra cash on the Wheels of Steel, anything produced by Dan the Automator (including Deltron 3030, Dr. Octagon instrumentals, HBMS and remixes thereof), anything produced by DJ Shadow and anything that has ever come from Def. Jux (Rob Sonic, El-P, RJD2, Cannibal Ox, Mr. Lif etc...), DJ Krush and tons I'm forgetting right now.

Speaking of Third-Wave Ska: My wonderful wife got us tickets to see the Toasters at the Soapbox this coming Tuesday. STOKED!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    So sorry for your troubles, they drive me INSANE. I always have live Dead and Talking Heads in the mix, but been going through a bit of a punk renaissance, lots of BR, Pennywise, Guttermouth, and the like...just discovered Slightly Stoopid and The Expendables and am definitely diggin' both.
    Damn, I can't believe I forgot to mention the Talking Heads. They're only my favorite band of all time.

Images
    ^Dude, I can't get enough of them, especially the late seventies live stuff, so much going on.

I have to throw out some throwback Sublime. Sublime will change your life. This is from 95' - "Crazy Fool"

Wet Suit by The Vaccines. Pretty much loops in my head during winter sessions. Old Iggy and the Stooges gets me pumped. I'm the world's forgotten boy...

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    ...been going through a bit of a punk renaissance, lots of BR, Pennywise, Guttermouth, and the like...
    You could go back a little further and taste some Bad Brains, old Suicidal Tendencies, Minor Threat, Black Flag... one of my favorites at the time: Husker Du.

And if you like the ska punk stuff... Suicide Machines, Big D and the Kid's Table, MMB...

Always another good standby: Man..... Or Astroman?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    You could go back a little further and taste some Bad Brains, old Suicidal Tendencies, Minor Threat, Black Flag... one of my favorites at the time: Husker Du.

And if you like the ska punk stuff... Suicide Machines, Big D and the Kid's Table, MMB...
    Indeed...love Minor Threat and Black Flag, just started getting into Bad Brains, diggin' that too. Started a pandora radio account, definitely cool for discovering new stuff.
    Last edited by seldom seen; Feb 20, 2013 at 02:47 PM. Reason: grammatical error