LOGIN | REGISTER

indoor surf trainer...

what's your thoughts on this thing...anyone use one?<br /><br />http://www.surfsetfitness.com/pages/videos

I think it's a cool idea, but I would rather put the $425 towards a real board. I'm sure it's a blast.

Images
    i like this: a hybrid-indo board thingy this guy put together for about $10 (a piece of pipe and a skimboard). looks hard as hell and slightly dangerous but i think if you could master that move, you'd be probably be quicker on a take-off:

LMAO!! I just use a couple of pillow....

surf machine.jpg

I just use my old lady.

Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    i like this: a hybrid-indo board thingy this guy put together for about $10 (a piece of pipe and a skimboard). looks hard as hell and slightly dangerous but i think if you could master that move, you'd be probably be quicker on a take-off:

I like this a lot. Looks a lot more challenging than an indo board since it doesn’t have stop blocks on the underside. Clever Aussie. Seems like it would be useful for working on steep wave drops and knocking out excess teeth on that concrete floor.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbleToes View Post

surf machine.jpg

Different surf, different requirements.

West OZ:

Galveston:
    Last edited by zaGaffer; Feb 21, 2013 at 05:26 PM.

my thoughts on it? Its friggin stupid. Just a gimmick... people in nyc will probably buy one for themselves and one for their handbag dog...

Quote Originally Posted by BubbleToes View Post
    I'm sure your deck appreciates your innovation.

Use a BOSU board. Alone, flip the BOSU flat side up; chest on flat part of board; pop up so feet land on the deck. If you want more surf-style feeling, flip the board round side up; put a board on it and pop up that way. Just use an old board in case it gets out of position or you come down wrong and snap it...

I prefer the old fashioned way, in the ocean. Nothing replaces real water time. Seems like something someone in Iowa might benefit from though.