LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Call or stop in at Greenlight... look at the SPUD or one of Brian's Subway Series boards. The SPUD is similar to the Sweet Potato, but with a couple modifications for local surf. Main features: flat rocker with a touch of flip in the nose; thick, flat deck with an angular rail that rolls over into a thin, performance rail radius (gives added volume, but without that full, corky rail); nose-to-tail vee with full double concaves the whole way; short (5'4-5'6 are typical) and wide with quad setup, plus an extra plug for the Nubster; Beak nose; super wide tail that's pulled in at the end into a full rounded pin. Kinda hard to explain, but it goes better in our local beachies than the full round tail of the Sweet Potato. EPS/Epoxy. Great, funky little shape...
    Last edited by LBCrew; Feb 22, 2013 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Call or stop in at Greenlight... look at the SPUD or one of Brian's Subway Series boards. The SPUD is similar to the Sweet Potato, but with a couple modifications for local surf. Main features: flat rocker with a touch of flip in the nose; thick, flat deck with an angular rail that rolls over into a thin, performance rail radius (gives added volume, but without that full, corky rail); nose-to-tail vee with full double concaves the whole way; short (5'4-5'6 are typical) and wide with quad setup, plus an extra plug for the Nubster; Beak nose; super wide tail that's pulled in at the end into a full rounded pin. Kinda hard to explain, but it goes better in our local beachies than the full round tail of the Sweet Potato. EPS/Epoxy. Great, funky little shape...

^^^^^^^this. you can explain to him what you are looking for and he can steer you right.

Quote Originally Posted by vab View Post
    +1. I own 4 (+ sold 1). I've owned the roberts wd, the plank, the bottom feeder, a log, ridden an takayama egg.

Hands down best board. period.

never touched a super buzz..... heard good things.
    Awesome man, i'm almost ready to pick my 1st one up in about a month, just waiting to hear back from MD. 6' 4" Flashback Fish, cross between a HPSB and a Fish, so it's got a very high end, but can do some groveling too, but i'm sure you know all about it if you own 4. You on Sways?

got a CI (original) Motor Boat and love it....also rode the Lost sub scorcher 2 and went really well also..

Anyone ever ride a Lost Monkfish? Looks like that could be a fun summer board. Or a Round Nose Fish?

I have a bunch of these types of boards. My favorite by far has been the Airglide, Surfboards by Y or "catch surf"
    It is a pretty dope boards. I ride a 5'10 and am 182lbs. This board rips turns, airs, goes fast down the line.. and its not super expensive. Watch the videos on Catchsurf.com

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Irish View Post
    Anyone ever ride a Lost Monkfish? Looks like that could be a fun summer board. Or a Round Nose Fish?
    The ...Lost RNF is a classic design that work in so many different kinds of waves....had fun sessions on it. classic shape.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    The ...Lost RNF is a classic design that work in so many different kinds of waves....had fun sessions on it. classic shape.

Thanks Scotty. Versatility is very important. I wish I could afford a different board for every condition, but not in the cards. Want something that will work in the small stuff, but still hold when there is a little size.

Check out Solid Surf Co. I found a post here and asked what boards they had available. They have a board called the Sasquash that works well in smaller surf but can still handle larger waves. I just got one brand new for $425 and Nick delivered it to me in the Boston area. Very happy with it.