LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Your the first person I ever heard that from. I've read hundreds of ride reports and none negative. There are lots of people getting plenty of air on them and the boards take a pounding. This is all I have heard.
    The rails on my qualifier are a little rounder than I like. But, I bought it used not custom, so maybe they don't all come like that. It does seem to have tendency to bog down if the waves are not big, fast and lined up glass. It's a little too light to be a good chop hopper. You really gotta get heavy on the front foot when there's any texture, the first time caught me by surprise. It is nice to be able to carry a board with two fingers though. However, when we get that golden hour of HH+ glass, it's good to go and what I reach for. I bought mine as a step-up/travel board though, not a groveler or everyday board.

Got one on order and bout to pickup in approx. a month, you?
    yeah, but have you ridden one?

Your the first person I ever heard that from. I've read hundreds of ride reports and none negative. There are lots of people getting plenty of air on them and the boards take a pounding. This is all I have heard.
    Don't read too much into that - I think MD is a great shaper and the tech is impressive. I did get a big ding from an LB a guy lost that nailed my rail. The guy who fixed it said grinding on it was really tough hahaha. Not all boards work for all people, I find if I have to work too hard to make a board work for me, it is better to move on to ones that match my style. You'll probably love that Flashback - and if you don't- resale is very easy so there isn't too much risk. Jim

If you're concerned about weight use 4 oz S-2 glass. Stronger.

~Brian
    www.greenlightsurfsupply.com
    Shape Your Surfing Experience

Quote Originally Posted by JTS View Post
    Don't read too much into that - I think MD is a great shaper and the tech is impressive. I did get a big ding from an LB a guy lost that nailed my rail. The guy who fixed it said grinding on it was really tough hahaha. Not all boards work for all people, I find if I have to work too hard to make a board work for me, it is better to move on to ones that match my style. You'll probably love that Flashback - and if you don't- resale is very easy so there isn't too much risk. Jim
    Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. Nothing is for everybody that's for sure. Sometimes it takes a board or two to get it dialed in from what i'm gathering with some people, but everybody is different, and has different likes / dislikes. I'll let ya know how it goes when I get it wet for the 1st good time.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    The rails on my qualifier are a little rounder than I like. But, I bought it used not custom, so maybe they don't all come like that. It does seem to have tendency to bog down if the waves are not big, fast and lined up glass. It's a little too light to be a good chop hopper. You really gotta get heavy on the front foot when there's any texture, the first time caught me by surprise. It is nice to be able to carry a board with two fingers though. However, when we get that golden hour of HH+ glass, it's good to go and what I reach for. I bought mine as a step-up/travel board though, not a groveler or everyday board.
    Yeah, if you got for a step up then it's probably not going to perform as much below HH, cause it's not designed for that. But I bet if you got with MD and had a conversation with him about what you like / dislike and be honest with him about your ability level and fitness level, i'm sure he'd get one dialed in for you. I'll let you know how mine goes in the near future.