LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hcsurf15 View Post
    BEing that i can barely get air let along land it, im sure it wont make any difference except provide me with more drive down the line of smaller days due to it being a little heavier
    If this is the case then I wouldn't worry about the glassing being too heavy, as a matter of fact it'll help preserve your board longer because at this stage you are still learning and will put a lot of damage on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    If this is the case then I wouldn't worry about the glassing being too heavy, as a matter of fact it'll help preserve your board longer because at this stage you are still learning and will put a lot of damage on the board.
    OK so go with the more durable board to learn my airs with because i willprobably messit up during the process? that makes sense, maybe ill get a used firewire or something epoxy but durable

OK so go with the more durable board to learn my airs with because i willprobably messit up during the process? that makes sense, maybe ill get a used firewire or something epoxy but durable
    Without a doubt man, you don't want to end up buying another a new board shortly after getting one because you put your foot through it trying to land an air. Do yourself a favor and talk to Mike Daniel's at Coil Industries and get a custom made, OR try and find a one used. Coil is what you want for a durable but high performance shorty. Google "Coil Ride Reports" and read up on that thread, you'll see what i'm talking about.

Okay "DawnPatrolSUP", thanks a bunch

Okay "DawnPatrolSUP", thanks a bunch
    Anytime hcsurf15, you can PM me if you need any help with that

DP have you ridden a Coil?

Quote Originally Posted by JTS View Post
    DP have you ridden a Coil?
    Got one on order and bout to pickup in approx. a month, you?

Yeah i had 2 - FBF and a longer Round tail quad. I never really clicked with them, I found the rocker on the RT quad a bit excessive. The FBF was better but I was inconsistent on it- 1 wave would go great, the next I would bog. Some guys love em - I didn't. Just my experience.
    Jim

Images
    I stopped getting the ultra-light boards about 4-5 years ago... Turns out, airs etc are much easier with a little more glass. A slightly heavier board translates into more speed. More speed = much easier airs.... If you are surfing sheet glass in california all the time, then yeah, an ultra light glass job will suffice, but as soon as you get into 5-10mph winds, you will lose speed and progression with the ultra lights. You will hang up on the lip more and not have as much torque through your turns... But get the solid glass job, get some speed and do what you need to do. Those ultra light boards get hung up in the wind above the lip too, so if you really are doing airs, your overall trajectory etc will be better off holding a line through wind better. Those ultra light boards almost require slight to heavy onshore wind flow to really stick landing.... in my opinion anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JTS View Post
    Yeah i had 2 - FBF and a longer Round tail quad. I never really clicked with them, I found the rocker on the RT quad a bit excessive. The FBF was better but I was inconsistent on it- 1 wave would go great, the next I would bog. Some guys love em - I didn't. Just my experience.
    Jim
    Your the first person I ever heard that from. I've read hundreds of ride reports and none negative. There are lots of people getting plenty of air on them and the boards take a pounding. This is all I have heard.