LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post

I dig the thumb, I don't know if it suits my style of surfing though. I still wanna try it out, looks super fun. I'm with you on the cosmic spray. The only person I've seen riding one is JP and his style is much less aggressive than mine.

No doubt you'd adjust and enjoy it.

Here are a few more shots showing the shape rather well:

http://www.roystuart.biz/2013/04/mak...rl-part-8.html

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    No doubt you'd adjust and enjoy it.
    I meant I'd get board. Huh huh. From what I seen, ol Tom Thumb is kind of a one trick pony.
    Has a real smooth canter and he can gallop; but I ain't takin him to the steeplechases.

Nice board by the way. I'd give it a whirl, can't wait to see her when she's finished.
    Last edited by zaGaffer; Apr 16, 2013 at 07:34 AM.

My wife, daughter of a surfboard shaper, just looked over my shoulder and saw the pic of your board and said, "What's that, a cymbal?"

I said, "No, that's a surfboard." She replied, "Oh, I thought that was a funny looking drum."

She did go on to say that she was standing at an "odd angle." In her defence, she neither plays the drums nor surfs.

That's a nice photo by the way, great composition. Whoever took the photo either got really luck or genuinely had a great eye. Or both. What do I know, I can hardly point a camera the right way? I do like a pretty picture though.
    Last edited by zaGaffer; May 8, 2013 at 05:14 AM.

Well, the boards work well as speakers with a mini vibration speaker... and handsome is as handsome does.

Looking good Roy. Can't wait to see it finished!

Resin coating and gilding completed:

http://www.roystuart.biz/2013/05/mak...l-part-11.html

Wow, very cool! I really like the gold gilding.

Cheers Steve, I see that certain Swaylocks trolls are having a field day, it is fortunate for them that I can't post there or I would take them apart brick by brick!

They post a lot of nonsense actually, for example the claim that the majority of people who have ridden the 13 ft Ghost board think it is a joke, In fact almost all those who have ridden it have praised the way it rides in no uncertain terms.

They also go on about my supposedly wild claims, but the only time they actually say what these claims are they post claims which I have never made.

The allegations that my boards don't achieve the 'fundamentals' of design are also ludicrous and without substance, they are clinging desperately to industry myths.

As for the allegation that I have an overblown ego, I don't understand what that means so can't answer it... it lacks any real content in surfboard design terms.

Perhaps they should post their waist measurements when commenting?

Here's Bill Thraillkill the mortgage broker of 'hoax fin' fame ( on the left ) he once told a surfermag forum member that he would sue him and make him sell his kidneys to pay for having mocked him via parody... one couldn't make these people up:

Last edited by Roy Stuart; May 11, 2013 at 09:46 PM.