LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    It's been my experience that those individuals who feel the need to persistently and vocally defend themselves are often the most insecure among us...

Intellect speaks for itself and does not require petty sparring.
    Craftsmanship speaks for itself and does not require the testimony of Randy Rarick.

Does the Ocean need to yell, "I am wet!" when someone claims it to be dry. Of course not.

"Re ipsa loquitur" - The thing speaks for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    so if its correct, then why must you try and force people to change their opinions? It is a losing battle. you will lose. you would win if you just moved on and let the board do the talking.
    People post their opinions, I post mine.

One could just as sensibly argue that all people who post opinions are trying to 'force' other people to adopt theirs.

As for winning, I'm already winning and have been for a very long time, a few negative opinions can't change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Wrong thread, but once again you are mistaken.
    How am I mistaken? I said I "think" which implies opinion and not stating fact. Also, your board has never been in east coast swell, so you really have no proof. Ego and lack of reading comprehension. You have it all.

People post their opinions, I post mine.

One could just as sensibly argue that all people who post opinions are trying to 'force' other people to adopt theirs.

As for winning, I'm already winning and have been for a very long time, a few negative opinions can't change that.
    if you were winning then you would not be trolling the internet forcing your surfboard threads back to the top of the list everytime people have all but forgotten about them.

so, I'd say you are winning no more or less then everyone else in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiloSurfer View Post

It's been my experience that those individuals who feel the need to persistently and vocally defend themselves are often the most insecure among us....
    Hilarious.... and it 'aint going to work.

My name is Roy
    Hi Roy, my name is Dr. Gaffer. What brings you here today Roy?

Steve
    Who’s Steve Roy?

Steve is another person whom I have met only online and stating this is hardly a 'losing fight'.
    No one's fighting here Roy. It's okay buddy, this is a safe place. In the therapy circle we’re free to be ourselves and just let it all out. You say you came here because of Steve, whom you've only met online. Are you sure that Steve is real buddy?

That is correct.
    But, you've never actually met him, right? There's no proof that he exists outside of your own mind, right? Everyone here keeps telling you that Steve is not real. All we know is that Steve has a beard and makes boards just like you, that's right isn't it Roy?

That is correct.
    So you have a beard and make very unique, wooden boards?

I am one of those people.
    Well, there can’t be that many. People who make unique, wooden surfboards that is. There are lots of people with beards. Isn’t it possible Roy that you and Steve might be the same person?

As usual you are mistaken.

Steve is real.
    Really Roy are you sure?

Roy, I think I speak for everyone when I say that we’re genuinely concerned about your belief that Steve is real.

No you don't.

Speak for yourself.
    Okay Roy, no problem. I’m genuinely concerned about your belief that Steve is real.

I'll continue to post words, pictures and video as I see fit.
    That’s what I’m getting at Roy, who is posting what pictures and what videos? Steve isn’t real.

No, I've talked to tom a few times though, he said that my boards were the inspiration for him to start making wooden boards.
    Boards that are like no other surfboards on Earth, but are exactly like your boards Roy? And who’s Tom Roy, we were talking about Steve.

I have to disagree. The difference in the ride between the two types is vast.
    Roy, when you look in the mirror each morning, who’s staring back at you, Roy or Steve?

I don't understand what that means so can't answer it... it lacks any real content in surfboard design terms.
    Stay with me Roy, we’re talking about you and Steve now not surfboards.

Cheers Steve, I see that certain Swaylocks trolls are having a field day, it is fortunate for them that I can't post there or I would take them apart brick by brick!
    Steve’s not here Roy, neither are any Swaylocks trolls. We’re talking about you now. Focus

They also go on about my supposedly wild claims, but the only time they actually say what these claims are they post claims which I have never made. The allegations that my boards don't achieve the 'fundamentals' of design are also ludicrous and without substance, they are clinging desperately to industry myths.
    What claims Roy? Who are they Roy? Roy did you not take your medication this morning? NURSE RATCHET! Did the patient get his medication this morning? He Did!
    Roy, let’s stick to the matter at hand.

Rail shapes are interesting to discuss.
    We’re talking about Steve, Roy.

Yes:

%*&@@ + $$$$$$ = $$$$$$$$

I hope that helps.
    No, not too much. Roy when did you start communicating with Steve?

I've been using the profile since '94 and have had countless industry types and their clones telling me that it can't be done, shouldn't be done etc, it still goes on.
    Now we’re getting somewhere! Roy don’t you see, you created Steve.

As usual you are mistaken.

Steve is real.
    No Roy, he’s a figment of your imagination, that’s why you committed yourself here to Sunnyvale Sanatorium for treatment , don’t you remember? You’ve been here for 10 years!

I notice that if two or three of you spin the same BS line you all start treating each others posts as evidence that you are right... or pretending that it is the case.

Your treatment of Steve is pathetic.
    Roy, we’re trying to help you.

Thanks Roy I think we made some real progress today. Nice Nurse Ratchet will take you back to your room now and we'll continue this next week. Nurse Ratchet, I think that we’re done for today.

No offense to Roy or Steve, this is just satire and is meant only for some solipsistic-chic, laughs.
    Last edited by zaGaffer; May 21, 2013 at 09:43 PM.

Images
    Oh my Christ I just nearly pi**ed myself.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post

Hi Roy, my name is Dr. Gaffer. What brings you here today Roy?

Who’s Steve Roy?
    I came here to answer your questions.

Steve is a fellow in the USA who built a wooden surfboard.

No one's fighting here Roy.

Indeed, it was not I who suggested that a fight is going on.

Are you sure that Steve is real buddy?
    Cartesian scepticism suggests that only one's own existence can be known with certainty.

But, you've never actually met him, right?
    That depends upon one's definition of 'met'.

There's no proof that he exists outside of your own mind, right?

That is correct as far as intellectual proof goes, but the same applies to everything which you treat as real within your own experience.

Everyone here keeps telling you that Steve is not real.
    That is not correct, only a small number of active members or what we both assume are active members are claiming that Steve is not real.

All we know is that Steve has a beard and makes boards just like you, that's right isn't it Roy?

According to the standard which you asked me to apply to my belief that Steve is real you know no such thing.

So you have a beard and make very unique, wooden boards?

Yes however I can't prove this to you if I apply the standards of Cartesian scepticism.

Well, there can’t be that many. People who make unique, wooden surfboards that is. There are lots of people with beards. Isn’t it possible Roy that you and Steve might be the same person?

It is not possible.

Really Roy are you sure?
    Quite sure thank you.

Roy, I think I speak for everyone when I say that we’re genuinely concerned about your belief that Steve is real.

Thankyou... however I am concerned that you feel that belonging to a small group of those who believe or pretend to believe that Steve is not real means that therefore everyone shares your belief.

Okay Roy, no problem. I’m genuinely concerned about your belief that Steve is real.

Tell it to Steve, he might be able to relieve you of your concern.

That’s what I’m getting at Roy, who is posting what pictures and what videos?

Find out via investigation if you so desire.

Steve isn’t real.

A Steve denier tut tut.

Boards that are like no other surfboards on Earth, but are exactly like your boards Roy?

Steve's board is not exactly like mine, and he has as far as we know made only one board which is similar to mine and which uses my construction method.

And who’s Tom Roy, we were talking about Steve.

There are many Toms in this world and perhaps even in other worlds, and yes i know that you are talking about Steve.

Roy, when you look in the mirror each morning, who’s staring back at you, Roy or Steve?

My days of looking in the mirror are long gone.

Stay with me Roy, we’re talking about you and Steve now not surfboards.

You post what you like and I'll post what I like.

Steve’s not here Roy
    How can you be sure of this?

We’re talking about you now. Focus
    I don't need to focus in order for you to talk.

Roy when did you start communicating with Steve?
    When Steve posted his board pictures on the Treetosea forum.

Roy don’t you see, you created Steve.
    No, the GAOTU did that.

No Roy, he’s a figment of your imagination.
    I suggest that you read the writings of Bishop Berkeley.

Roy, we’re trying to help you.

As long as you enjoy your activities I suggest that you continue.

No offense to Roy or Steve, this is just satire and is meant only for some solipsistic-chic, laughs.
    Don't you mean Roy/Steve or are you recanting?

Last edited by Roy Stuart; May 22, 2013 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Scepticism/Certainty

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Oh my Christ I just nearly pi**ed myself.
    Blasphemy and incontinence, a terrible combination no doubt.

I wish Roy/Steve would surf that board at folly already. If there are no pics and ride report after this weekend, we will know for sure that he doesn't exist.