Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post

Hi Roy, my name is Dr. Gaffer. What brings you here today Roy?

Who’s Steve Roy?
    I came here to answer your questions.

Steve is a fellow in the USA who built a wooden surfboard.

No one's fighting here Roy.

Indeed, it was not I who suggested that a fight is going on.

Are you sure that Steve is real buddy?
    Cartesian scepticism suggests that only one's own existence can be known with certainty.

But, you've never actually met him, right?
    That depends upon one's definition of 'met'.

There's no proof that he exists outside of your own mind, right?

That is correct as far as intellectual proof goes, but the same applies to everything which you treat as real within your own experience.

Everyone here keeps telling you that Steve is not real.
    That is not correct, only a small number of active members or what we both assume are active members are claiming that Steve is not real.

All we know is that Steve has a beard and makes boards just like you, that's right isn't it Roy?

According to the standard which you asked me to apply to my belief that Steve is real you know no such thing.

So you have a beard and make very unique, wooden boards?

Yes however I can't prove this to you if I apply the standards of Cartesian scepticism.

Well, there can’t be that many. People who make unique, wooden surfboards that is. There are lots of people with beards. Isn’t it possible Roy that you and Steve might be the same person?

It is not possible.

Really Roy are you sure?
    Quite sure thank you.

Roy, I think I speak for everyone when I say that we’re genuinely concerned about your belief that Steve is real.

Thankyou... however I am concerned that you feel that belonging to a small group of those who believe or pretend to believe that Steve is not real means that therefore everyone shares your belief.

Okay Roy, no problem. I’m genuinely concerned about your belief that Steve is real.

Tell it to Steve, he might be able to relieve you of your concern.

That’s what I’m getting at Roy, who is posting what pictures and what videos?

Find out via investigation if you so desire.

Steve isn’t real.

A Steve denier tut tut.

Boards that are like no other surfboards on Earth, but are exactly like your boards Roy?

Steve's board is not exactly like mine, and he has as far as we know made only one board which is similar to mine and which uses my construction method.

And who’s Tom Roy, we were talking about Steve.

There are many Toms in this world and perhaps even in other worlds, and yes i know that you are talking about Steve.

Roy, when you look in the mirror each morning, who’s staring back at you, Roy or Steve?

My days of looking in the mirror are long gone.

Stay with me Roy, we’re talking about you and Steve now not surfboards.

You post what you like and I'll post what I like.

Steve’s not here Roy
    How can you be sure of this?

We’re talking about you now. Focus
    I don't need to focus in order for you to talk.

Roy when did you start communicating with Steve?
    When Steve posted his board pictures on the Treetosea forum.

Roy don’t you see, you created Steve.
    No, the GAOTU did that.

No Roy, he’s a figment of your imagination.
    I suggest that you read the writings of Bishop Berkeley.

Roy, we’re trying to help you.

As long as you enjoy your activities I suggest that you continue.

No offense to Roy or Steve, this is just satire and is meant only for some solipsistic-chic, laughs.
    Don't you mean Roy/Steve or are you recanting?

Last edited by Roy Stuart; May 22, 2013 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Scepticism/Certainty

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Oh my Christ I just nearly pi**ed myself.
    Blasphemy and incontinence, a terrible combination no doubt.

I wish Roy/Steve would surf that board at folly already. If there are no pics and ride report after this weekend, we will know for sure that he doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    I wish Roy/Steve would surf that board at folly already. If there are no pics and ride report after this weekend, we will know for sure that he doesn't exist.
    Firstly Roy and Steve are two different people, secondly you are on the wrong thread, and thirdly your deduction that Steve will not exist if he doesn't meet your deadline is faulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    Firstly Roy and Steve are two different people, secondly you are on the wrong thread, and thirdly your deduction that Steve will not exist if he doesn't meet your deadline is faulty.
    The initial cruise should be this weekend, if he was waiting for good surf. Waist height and glassy should be inviting. Why are you worried about discussion in this thread? After all, you only argue to bump your threads and get more free web hits. You should pay me for helping you advertise.

Stoy. Have you sold any boards lately? I'd like to hear from someone that purchased one to see how they like it. Is there any way to hear some rider feedback?
    Thanks Royve

Roy

Why are you worried about discussion in this thread?
    I'm not, I'm simply correcting your mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    I'm not, I'm simply correcting your mistakes.
    I made no mistakes. I stated I wanted to see the board rolling at Folly. I don't care who does it. Your biggest problem is that you have to be right. Doesn't matter if anyone is arguing with you.

I made no mistakes. I stated I wanted to see the board rolling at Folly.

You also stated incorrectly that if this isn't done by a certain date then Steve doesn't exist... clearly an illogical deduction.

Your biggest problem is that you have to be right.
    Your problem is that I am right.

Anyway put this in your pipe and smoke it:

http://www.roystuart.biz/2013/05/unv...oluptuous.html

Why the excessive rocker? Do you look for spherical rocks to skip at the beach or do you look for flat ones like Bob Simmons or Linsay Lord might have? Seems like all that rocker would be a drag.