LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    By "tapered profile" do you mean nose-to-tail "foil" or "thickness flow?" I don't know if I'd call that an industry myth. I've played with foil and changing foil does change performance characteristics. So I'd argue that the foils you see on boards today, made with foam and fiberglass, serve a purpose. Again... it's what you're after. Some surfboards DO need a certain type of foil in order to perform in a certain way, just like your boards need a certain profile to perform a certain way.
    I've been using the profile since '94 and have had countless industry types and their clones telling me that it can't be done, shouldn't be done etc, it still goes on.

In short they claim that a tapered profile is vital for the best performance for any surfboard type... laughable I know but that's what they actually think.

That is one of the most gorgeous boards I've ever seen!! You're a ture craftsman! The haters on this thread seem outta place...

Thanks man, I'm really happy with this one, the concave, weight, and shape came out just right.

From Erock:

"I need some bog shoes for wade fishing in the marsh and this looks like it would work great. Plus, "Hot Karl" is an apt name seeing as how they will be covered with mud and smelly detritus after a good day of fishing"

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Stuart View Post
    From Geoff McCoy:

"Roy I have a good look at your website, absolutely amazing your craftsmanship creativity is mind blowing, great stuff."

Lol anyway she's a great design, I built and rode one in the year 2000 ( built at a remote beach where we were freedom camping) and it was epic... this one has been tweaked slightly.

Evil Dead? Now that is a great movie, as long as we are talking about the original.

We are getting an interesting group of spammers on here recently. Home cleaning, movies, and tech junk.

Images
    Whatever happened to Steve?

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Whatever happened to Steve?
    Steve isn't real. He posted for a couple weeks, then vanished.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Steve isn't real. He posted for a couple weeks, then vanished.
    So my initial accusations were correct, I don't feel like that much of an a**hole anymore...those pics were probly of NZSM in his 30's, prior to the gnome transformation.