LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Images
    Honestly, I'm kinda disappointed and still hope he's real. I was really looking forward to kooking that board up. This week should be the time to do it too.

Brew, you gonna be out at IOP this weekend?

Images
    I was hoping for him to be real as well, I really wanted to read that ride report.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    I was hoping for him to be real as well, I really wanted to read that ride report.
    its not really necessary, I think we all know how the report would read...

the board paddles well once you get it going and you can paddle into the wave super early.
    Riding the board does feel a little weird but it doesnt take much of a wave to push it. turning the board is very difficult and slow. for a straight shooter its a good board but you can't take advantage of the the entire face of the wave. It was fun but I wouldnt take it out in anything over stomach to chest high.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    Honestly, I'm kinda disappointed and still hope he's real. I was really looking forward to kooking that board up. This week should be the time to do it too.

Brew, you gonna be out at IOP this weekend?
    Hell yes. Might have to even take a half day on Friday if it is really waist and clean. New board should be here tomorrow, and I could use waist+ to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    its not really necessary, I think we all know how the report would read...

the board paddles well once you get it going and you can paddle into the wave super early.
    Riding the board does feel a little weird but it doesnt take much of a wave to push it. turning the board is very difficult and slow. for a straight shooter its a good board but you can't take advantage of the the entire face of the wave. It was fun but I wouldnt take it out in anything over stomach to chest high.
    As cool as the board may look, I don't think it will work in our local surf. It is mostly short period swell here, and when it is longer than 9 sec, you need fast turning ability. Trimming probably won't get you there. That said, I was hoping to have a local wooden board shaper.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Hell yes. Might have to even take a half day on Friday if it is really waist and clean. New board should be here tomorrow, and I could use waist+ to try it out.
    Take it...I called in friday and it was so worth it.

Images
    As cool as the board may look, I don't think it will work in our local surf. It is mostly short period swell here, and when it is longer than 9 sec, you need fast turning ability. Trimming probably won't get you there. That said, I was hoping to have a local wooden board shaper.
    I'm taking Friday off too. I was planning on going to Folly on Friday than IOP on Saturday but I can change my plans, let's meet up and catch some waves.... That is if you're real and not someone else's alter ego.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    I'm taking Friday off too. I was planning on going to Folly on Friday than IOP on Saturday but I can change my plans, let's meet up and catch some waves.... That is if you're real and not someone else's alter ego.
    Sounds like a plan. I will keep an eye on the forecast, and let you know for sure on thurs. I usually hit IOP between 26th and 28th, though I do like 9th when it isn't crowded.

As cool as the board may look, I don't think it will work in our local surf
    Wrong thread, but once again you are mistaken.

Steve isn't real. He posted for a couple weeks, then vanished.
    As usual you are mistaken.

Steve is real.