LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Tow At !!

wtf is this thread?
    Tow in sucks. and I have been doing it in the bowl lately. it sucks though.

Tow At/Tow In. Seems they both have a place at times. Tow At is a summer time thing here.

The east coast gets very fast and racing waves on size many times, tons of close outs due to the waves breaking so fast. So if you want to make more then a few during your session a ski could be used. Looks like great practice for holding your line from deep behind the curtain.

But it should be noted that there are more then a few young and old rippers in my neck of the woods that paddle into similar waves. And they are are WAYYYY Better then those Named on those videos. Way taller as well.

Going straight with jet ski assist is not really impressive. Even less so when you Still barely make even half of them, if that.

Free Fall into the PIT like a real man.

In relation to the East Coast Only of course for tow INs <---obx/fla/ne/ns not included
    Last edited by xgen70; Feb 26, 2013 at 06:16 AM. Reason: obx thing, among others

Images
    58987_123479791037893_100001276178147_148733_644336_n.jpg

I'm sure you guys have seen this, but just in case you haven't...

East coast tow in.
    Last edited by seldom seen; Feb 26, 2013 at 12:03 PM. Reason: elaboration

Yeah tow at should be fun. But its completely different then tow in, haha I'm no Gmac i just want to have fun in Ankle to knee high surf. Any tips or personal experiences would be nice to hear tho.
    Thanks for your help

Tow In = Big waves and big balls.
    Tow At = Tiny waves, wimpy noodle arms and vagina.

Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    I don't know when it became "uncool" to have fun messing with a wave runner.
    from my perspective, it was never cool. i see the practical applications of a ski as a lifesaving tool, or towing into big/gnarly waves, but not to engage in near-shore f*ckery like tow ats. there are so many other ways to have fun & get out on the water when it's small/flat. not everything requires loud noises & gasoline.

edit: for the record, i would be stoked to give towing a go once in big surf, just to try it. other than that, i'll happily paddle in every other times.

I could care less what someone else does as long as it doesn't ruin my session, do your thing
    Last edited by DawnPatrolSUP; Feb 26, 2013 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    from my perspective, it was never cool. i see the practical applications of a ski as a lifesaving tool, or towing into big/gnarly waves, but not to engage in near-shore f*ckery like tow ats. there are so many other ways to have fun & get out on the water when it's small/flat. not everything requires loud noises & gasoline.

edit: for the record, i would be stoked to give towing a go once in big surf, just to try it. other than that, i'll happily paddle in every other times.
    Agree 100%

I've considered towing when it's massive and out of control on the inside, and impossible to paddle out, but there's those big, shifty peaks waaaaay out there that look rideable. That would be cool. But other than that... no thanks.

Images
    I don't have a ski.