LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tow At !!

No my arms didnt fall off haha but i would do it when its too small that you cant paddle into them. I got a ski and a spot where nobody is out. I would just like some advice or tips from anyone that has done it or tried before.
    Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by Thewaternerd View Post
    i would do it when its too small that you cant paddle into them. I got a ski and a spot where nobody is out. I would just like some advice or tips from anyone that has done it or tried before.
    Thanks for your help
    no such thing; get a longboard. if it's so small that it's impossible to catch under your own speed, you'd probably be better off going skating or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thewaternerd View Post

No my arms didnt fall off haha but i would do it when its too small that you cant paddle into them. I got a ski and a spot where nobody is out. I would just like some advice or tips from anyone that has done it or tried before.
    Thanks for your help
    You want to tow into waves that are too small to paddle into? This is called wake surfing. Here is a picture:

It is done in places called lakes. Be sure to wear a helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    You want to tow into waves that are too small to paddle into? This is called wake surfing. Here is a picture:

It is done in places called lakes. Be sure to wear a helmet.
    We use to call it Skurfing back in the day, pretty fun

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    no reason to tow that. it's barely head high. it's just pure laziness/greed that leads people to think that doing s#1t like that is ok/a good idea.
    If you watch the video you'll see them try to paddle a few, one guy takes such a steep drop he just flys off and another goes straight. These aren't kooks either those are professionals...

edit: barely head high? come on man did you even watch the video lol

I can paddle into waves But you cant do a turn. in florida summers are 1 foot closeouts at best. Haha i cant skate the entire summer.
    Thanks for your help
    Last edited by Thewaternerd; Feb 25, 2013 at 09:48 PM.

you have a ski. go do it. flail until you fail to flail. if you're not stomping on anyone's buzz with your noise pollution, go have fun. eff the frat boy fun police here on swellinfo. most of them do nothing except come on here and try to make people feel bad about doing things and thinking things that haven't been approved by the official swellinfo crew. god forbid you should actually have fun doing something that THEY DON'T DO.

Yeah Thanks well Imma give it a go and have a good time no matter what haha.
    Thanks for your help

Actually, go out and figure the $hit out. Have your buddy drive the ski, u hold and and figure it out! Not rocket science. Have fun and at least head out in bigger surf! We want pics or vids!

You'll get the hang of it... It takes time to get the timing down. Just try over and over and you'll get it...
    Don't listen to people ***** either. You can do whatever you want. I don't know when it became "uncool" to have fun messing with a wave runner. I always wished I had a ski when I was a kid.

Just DO NOT go to a lineup where anyone is. You have a ski. You can find a spot to yourself.