LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Imperial. do they still do the night surfing at the Terrazza?

Boca Barranca, Guacaillio, Esterios Este y Oeste, Playa El Rey, and Domincal are all great breaks within an hour of playa hermosa. get a 4x4 and find your own secret spot. bring plenty of rope.

hermosa straight up and go towards the almond tree not as crowded compared to being closer to dos gringos

A night out in Jaco is how I got my user name.

Quote Originally Posted by imperial View Post
    Jaco is fun on anything up to 5 -7 ft. After that it just shuts down. There are peaks up and down the beach with a fun wave at the north end in front of Clarita's Bar (great place to hang), in front of the Best Western, and out in front of the El Hicaco restaturant. The southern part of Jaco is a little of a softer wave. By all means surf Hermosa....peaks everywhere. Pull down the road past the soccer field and there's a great wave, in front of Backyards Bar is another, and of course the Almendro "Tree". The further south you go the further out it breaks. Just drive down the road and find your own peak. If Hermosa is too big...which it shouldn't be this time of year or you just want to check out a different place, head 45 minutes north to Bocca Barranca. Its a rivermouth with 500 plus yard lefts...but it need a big south swell. Esterellios is about 15 minutes south of Hermosa and its a rock reef...super fun wave that doesn't break nearly as hard as Hermosa. Its all about finding waves and there are plenty in Costa Rica...having a little bit of direction is always cool. I've got most of my advice from local friends who I've come to know over the years. Anyone knockin the adivce is just a f*%*n retard. Thats what the forums are for and besides NOTHING IS A "SECRET" anymore with the internet. Besides most haven't even been out of the dam states!!! Hope you catch some good surf....Enjoy the Pura Vida my brother!!!

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much. You are the man. Can't wait to surf! Swell hits Friday

google earth is great for researching and locating surf spots around the world, you just gotta no how to use it

On your way down ..Check out Bocca Barranca near Punterinas. Long long left point break. 1st and 2nd peaks are awesome. Pay the guy with the macheti to protect your car. Hermosa can be great right outside or down by the tree, being in Costa Rica already you should have the vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by catmaster2 View Post
    google earth is great for researching and locating surf spots around the world, you just gotta no how to use it
    Unfortunately, the google earth images of the Jaco/Hermosa area suck.

It's fun flying around the world mind surfing thousands of spots. I do it all the time. But, sometimes you have to ask someone that's had boots on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    On your way down ..Check out Bocca Barranca near Punterinas. Long long left point break. 1st and 2nd peaks are awesome. Pay the guy with the macheti to protect your car. Hermosa can be great right outside or down by the tree, being in Costa Rica already you should have the vibe.
    I always thought it was better further down than the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    I always thought it was better further down than the tree.
    Tulin.
    there's a break in between PH and Esterios Oeste called Punta Mala. you have to take a right into a finca and at the end there's a hotel in front of a sweet left that peels off a 30' high by several hundred yard wall.