LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipsmacker View Post
    Thanks guys. How far to manuel antonio? Making my first trip in sept. Not sure where we are staying yet. Any other advice/info will be appreciated.
    Manuel Antonio is about an hour away. I caught that place during a big south swell, a nice little beach and there's a guy who rents boards for 10 bux right on the sand. Hermosa was big and closed out at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Manuel Antonio is about an hour away. I caught that place during a big south swell, a nice little beach and there's a guy who rents boards for 10 bux right on the sand. Hermosa was big and closed out at that time.
    with the new bridge near Parita its a little quicker now. if your traveling with your lady take her to Manuel Antonio for sure.

Not that far from Hermosa. Antonio only really breaks at a high tide. rain forest is awesome there. Nice accomodations especially if you're bringing a girlfriend. I stayed at Backyard Hotel in Hermosa. Pretty accessable to mostly everywhere in the region. Dont forget to try the zipline in Hermosa.
    Thanks guys. How far to manuel antonio? Making my first trip in sept. Not sure where we are staying yet. Any other advice/info will be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    Dont forget to try the zipline in Hermosa.
    Agreed. It was a blast. Even the wifey had fun. On one of the last segments you get a nice aerial view looking south down Hermosa beach.

Everything looks safe but it gives you an appreciation for building codes in the good ol' USA. The "Let's tie these pallets 60' in a tree. The bark growing around the cables will help hold them in place" mindset would never fly here.

Quote Originally Posted by goosemagoo View Post

Everything looks safe but it gives you an appreciation for building codes in the good ol' USA. The "Let's tie these pallets 60' in a tree. The bark growing around the cables will help hold them in place" mindset would never fly here.
    which reminds me of Ol' widow maker in the shower.

8043165865_030270403f_b.jpg

Had to laugh about the zip line. When I went they told me that "it is way better than what you have in the states as we really don't have any rules"

Manuel Antonio is about an hour south. New roads. Easy drive. But you need to leave early enough to see the park completely. They run everyone out around 4:30ish, as I remember. Gets dark there about 6.

Joco sucks... I'd rather stay north.

Images
    hey guys, my brother and I are headed to cr, one way tickets to liberia, we were planning on going yo tamarimdo

to find a place to stay thats centralized and get settled in to find work and get work visas, and also looking to surf as much as possible, any recomendations?

It's been a while since I've been to Costa, but I'm going back down to Hermosa then to Pavones in July and into early August. I just got the book Surfer's guide to Costa Rica to refresh myself on the areas. If you can download the book onto a Kindle or your computer or whatever it's got some good info on the main breaks and areas. It has a good overview on where the breaks are and when they break best and what kind of swell they require. It's at least worth checking out. Good luck down there