LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    This reminds me of a similar situation when I was in high school. Surfing on a decent glassy day on the South End,one of the rare days the jetty breaks with solid wedges, with about 5 other folks I surfed with on the regular. All of a sudden some roided up kook with a buzz cut shows up on a ski (imagine NJShredmachine on a ski) and proceeds to try and ride the waves, weaving through all of us in the lineup.

Well, we started yelling at him then he proceeded to talk sh!t. Me and two other guys paddled up to him--one on each side and one right in front of him, I was on the kill-switch side of the ski. Guy on the other side pulled the dude by the lifejacket trying to pull him into the water while I grabbed the kill switch tether off his arm and off the ski then tossed it into the impact zone. Guy in front of the ski started pushing it towards shore while the beefhead tried to swim down the dude that pulled him in the water. Wave catches the ski and flips it upside down then pushes it up against the breakwall... a couple more waves come in, trash the ski in the wall and push it towards shore until it hit bottom.

We all paddled away from the guy as he was having a conniption and proceeded to laugh and watch him retrieve his ski only to realize he didn't have his kill switch key. The cops eventually showed up, wrote the dude a ticket then left... with the guy still stuck on the beach with a disabled ski.

Not necessarily condoning this solution, but it sure was funny--especially since the cops waved at us right as they were leaving. (Anyone who was around WB back then remembers Trey, coolest cop WB ever had)
    And that's how you handle it if need be, solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    This reminds me of a similar situation when I was in high school. Surfing on a decent glassy day on the South End,one of the rare days the jetty breaks with solid wedges, with about 5 other folks I surfed with on the regular. All of a sudden some roided up kook with a buzz cut shows up on a ski (imagine NJShredmachine on a ski) and proceeds to try and ride the waves, weaving through all of us in the lineup.

Well, we started yelling at him then he proceeded to talk sh!t. Me and two other guys paddled up to him--one on each side and one right in front of him, I was on the kill-switch side of the ski. Guy on the other side pulled the dude by the lifejacket trying to pull him into the water while I grabbed the kill switch tether off his arm and off the ski then tossed it into the impact zone. Guy in front of the ski started pushing it towards shore while the beefhead tried to swim down the dude that pulled him in the water. Wave catches the ski and flips it upside down then pushes it up against the breakwall... a couple more waves come in, trash the ski in the wall and push it towards shore until it hit bottom.

We all paddled away from the guy as he was having a conniption and proceeded to laugh and watch him retrieve his ski only to realize he didn't have his kill switch key. The cops eventually showed up, wrote the dude a ticket then left... with the guy still stuck on the beach with a disabled ski.

Not necessarily condoning this solution, but it sure was funny--especially since the cops waved at us right as they were leaving. (Anyone who was around WB back then remembers Trey, coolest cop WB ever had)
    And that's how it ended??? the guy getting a ticket? He didnt wait for you to square things out on the beach? I don't know, how could a roid head just walk away from this??? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    I don't know, how could a roid head just walk away from this??? lol.
    Because normally guys who are all puffed up on roids don't have the balls to actually do anything most of the time. Most guys built like that can't even throw a proper punch HAHA, he knew he was out numbered and would have lost i'm guessing

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    And that's how it ended??? the guy getting a ticket? He didnt wait for you to square things out on the beach? I don't know, how could a roid head just walk away from this??? lol.
    Most of us got out of the water at the same time a little ways down the beach--we were young, not stupid. I think the cops had a hand in taking some wind out of his sails too. Plus, I wasn't worried about out-running him if he decided to chase me/us.

Let me reiterate: I was in high school, you know--still more stones than sense. I have no doubt the situation could have turned out much different very easily. Plus, being a WB rat I and most of my friends and family knew the cops and they knew us. I'm sure Trey must have mentioned something about feeling the Wrath of God if the guy decided to come after us, or something to that effect.

I'll post up my story involving wakeboarding, ski jumping wake immediately behind me, a run-over, a chase-down, a kill-switch key, a wooden oar and the butt end of a gaff.
    *edit* The next time someone posts another jet ski thread.