LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Never Surprised Anymore!

So I'm out catching some nice chest-shoulder sets yesterday on Jupiter Island. Me and about 6 other guys, all very chill, just trading waves.....then.....some guy comes out on a ski with his kid and just starts jetting him into waves.

Are you serious?!?!

I cannot understand how a guy can find it "ok" to bring a 1,000 lb ski out there to catch shoulder high waves?

Sorry just wanted to rant, I guess I should stop being so shocked by the audacity of people. But please buddy if you're reading this....KEEP YOUR DAMN SKI OUT OF THE WATER!

or just go to another beach (not you, him)

Images
    Super fun the past 2 days and it still looks fun! To many spots around here. In with the good air and out with the bad.

Images
    Musta been the guy that started the tow at thread.

Nothing a quick phone call to the Coast Guard and Jupiter Beach Patrol couldn't fix.

Keep your damn ski out of the water??? Where else should he use it? Maybe when he got the ski, the manual said to only use it on Jupiter Island.

Anchor Point during a bombing January swell in 2009 and the Roxy Team guides were running a ski and a zodiac through the lineup, giving rides back to the top of the point and filming, and it REALLY took away from what was one of the best big days of surf I have ever experienced. The smell and noise of the two-stroke buzzing constantly was truly obnoxious. I realize you can't ever expect to surf solo there or without distraction (cause the "rash" is always on it at Anchors), but the girls' support team was too much.
    Attached pic doesn't do the crowd or size justice, but you get the idea.morocco 525.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    Nothing a quick phone call to the Coast Guard and Jupiter Beach Patrol couldn't fix.
    ^^^ Bingo ^^^

Is it allowed to use a ski in the surf when the beaches are unguarded?

Quote Originally Posted by bungalowparkbob View Post
    Is it allowed to use a ski in the surf when the beaches are unguarded?
    Nope- Any "vessel" has to obey the rules of the water. Guarded beach or no guarded beach.