LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

could i ware a 3/2 Flash Bomb plus in 50 degree water?

could i ware a 3/2 Flash Bomb plus in 50 degree water?

I was wearing a 3/2 QS ignite in 54-56 degree water/60 degree airtemps last night and 42 degree airtemps the morning before. Seems to do the trick for me.

Images
    Just don't "were" it or you could be in trouble next full moon.

NO! you can't!! it's strictly forbidden!

Quote Originally Posted by oipaul View Post
    Just don't "were" it or you could be in trouble next full moon.
    HA!

Cat, you can wear whatever you want. Comfort level depends on what you're used to.

I'm a wuss, so I'm breaking out the hood when it gets around 50. Still wearing a 4/3 Drylock, 4 mil booties and 3 mil gloves. Really a little too toasty on sunny days no matter what the air temp but I've always gotten ice cream headaches easily.

ok thanks, i think it will work now after reading that zaGaffer

Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    HA!

Cat, you can wear whatever you want. Comfort level depends on what you're used to.

I'm a wuss, so I'm breaking out the hood when it gets around 50. Still wearing a 4/3 Drylock, 4 mil booties and 3 mil gloves. Really a little too toasty on sunny days no matter what the air temp but I've always gotten ice cream headaches easily.
    I've been rockin a 2mm hood when the airtemps are in the 50's or <. I still try to avoid booties though. If I'm only going to be out for an hour or two; or if the sun is shining, I've been skipping them.

Quote Originally Posted by catmaster2 View Post
    ok thanks, i think it will work now after reading that zaGaffer
    Don't forget, surfing is supposed to be fun. If you're not having fun, why do it? If you're not comfortable, you probably won't be having as much fun as if you were. Just a disclaimer, I'm also rolling around with about 16-18% BMI. Now, that's pretty low compared to the average bear; but for a surfer, that's pretty high and acts as a very good insulator. My wetsuit has an IPA and Double-double inner lining.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthjettyBill View Post
    I feel like Smokey the Bear ...........but a bear who is concerned with everyone's reading comprehension.......not a bear who hates forrest fires.

Too cold for me. However, I think I could work with it if I had booties and gloves. Water temp is 52 here, and I just wear a 4/3 regular suit without boots/gloves. It is comfy.

my grandpappy gave his life flyin bombing raids over Berlin just so you could wear that 3/2 in 50 degree water.