LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sunburned Eyes & Need Help!

My eyes are killing me after every session. Which surf Eyewear works? Polarized?

Did you really need 4 threads?

Actually, it's 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Necker View Post
    My eyes are killing me after every session. Which surf Eyewear works? Polarized?
    Eat a B=========D, problem solved

none of that crap works. quit surfing if it bothers you that much. my dr told me to quit 20 years ago. can still see fine.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    Did you really need 4 threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    Actually, it's 5.
    Seriously, I feel like I'm about to go on a Caribbean cruise.

Quote Originally Posted by Necker View Post
    SeaSpecs suck. I gotta pair for Xmas 2 years ago, tried ‘em once. They’ve been sitting on top of my dresser since then. They don’t shed water properly and they have a tendency to fog up. From all the reviews on “Surfing Glasses” I’ve read over the years, they all pretty much have the same issues. And any stupid accessories like that (floppy hats, glasses, waterproof music) are useless in any decent surf, as they prove to be more hindrance than help. They cause your focus to drift. I’ve tried most surf gimmicks and gadgets over the years, just cause they’re fun to play with in small surf, but most of it’s bullsh!1.

Sometimes between sets; when the sun is low on the horizon, I’ll lock my legs around my board and sit real close to the tail so that the nose drifts up pretty high. Then I use that to block the sun and take peeks around the board so that I can watch for sets. You bob up and down like a cork, so it’s real fun anywhere with a current. Don’t do this in a crowd, do it when it’s empty out. And if your board isn’t glued to your butt when you’re just sitting there and you're one of those guys slipping and sliding all over, don’t even bother.

One thing you might try, I know a gal who epoxied a trucker hat to a wetsuit hood. The wetsuit hood stays on just fine in anything I’ve ever seen her out in and the same hat’s been glued to that hood since last winter, so I guess it’s working out okay. She surfs pretty much every day and always wears that thing. Makes her easy to spot in the lineup. I have no idea if it keeps the sun out of her eyes.

Anybody wanna buy a pair of SeaSpecs cheapo? Used one time. Didn’t even pee in ‘em.
    Last edited by zaGaffer; Mar 1, 2013 at 02:56 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Anybody wanna buy a pair of SeaSpecs cheapo? Used one time. Didn’t even pee in ‘em.
    Promise?!? Everybody knows your supposed to pee on them first to help reduce the fogging.

Turn your back to the sun and look over your shoulder with the corner of your eye, don't stare straight into it, if that doesn't work use your board like Gaffer said, but make sure it's really crowded when you do this.

Quote Originally Posted by TX Shreddin View Post
    Promise?!? Everybody knows your supposed to pee on them first to help reduce the fogging.
    Caveat emptor

Man i miss Entourage