LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Long term wetsuit storage.

What is the best way to store my 6/4mm and 4/3mm wetsuit over the summer and fall, hanging it, or laying it on the ground?
    Please experts only, no guessing.
    Thank you.

Images
    I hang mine. That is the way they are stored in shops, so I dont think there is harm in hanging them over the summer.

Me too..

I also hang up my wetsuits and jacket, and I lay the gloves/hoods flat on a shelf in the closet. So far, I have never had any issues with degradation of neoprene. I also think that rinsing your suits in fresh water and washing them with wetsuit shampoo helps, also.

Thank you for the info. Where can I buy the detergent?

Thanks you guys, I didn't know about the detergent. Usefull info

Thumbs up Wetsuit wash

I use McNett's wetsuit wash. I throw a capful of it into cool water in the tub, let it bubble up, and then throw in my wetsuit and gloves, boots, etc and let it soak. Then I give everything a good rinse and let it air dry. So far nothing smells like low tide, and the neoprene has kept up very well.

Images
    I personally like the pee in the wetsuit smell, so I dont use detergent. (j/k - never tried detergent - i just wash with fresh water).

Admitting it is the first step...

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    I personally like the pee in the wetsuit smell, so I dont use detergent. (j/k - never tried detergent - i just wash with fresh water).
    Well, at least you go for the "rustic" smell. And I appreciate the fact that you are admitting to tinkling in your wetsuit.

I used to not use the wetsuit wash, but I actually found that there is less "stress fading" and seam cracking in the arms, etc. I guess because it gets into the nooks and crannies and flushes out all of the saline.

I have yet to tinkle in my 6/4mm.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ECkneelo View Post
    I have yet to tinkle in my 6/4mm.
    your missing out brotha. there's nothing like a good pee in the wetsuit in the middle of the winter to warm things up