LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday Forecast

Friday Forecast

MSW has bumped the swell down to about 2ft and has rated it about 2 stars but Swellinfo still has is at about an avg. of 5 ft and clean all day. What should i trust more so?

dont trust any site till the night before..

Quote Originally Posted by staystoked View Post
    dont trust any site till the night before..
    Agreed, I don't trust a forecast til I'm on the beach looking at it. I also like checking weather channel and NOAA to make my own conclusions too. Need to verify what you're seeing on the forecast sites, even though Swellinfo is usually pretty solid.

I stopped looking at MSW years ago, Swellinfo + Surfline Cams = Win

the weather reports coming in now for the north east are for a larger than anticipated storm...

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    I stopped looking at MSW years ago, Swellinfo + Surfline Cams = Win
    MSW is out of England I believe. They try hard, but they overforecast all the time. I stopped looking at them a few years ago too.

Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    the weather reports coming in now for the north east are for a larger than anticipated storm...
    Much respect to your northerners. I surf north Florida and I think that **** is cold.

Quote Originally Posted by john219921 View Post
    MSW has bumped the swell down to about 2ft and has rated it about 2 stars but Swellinfo still has is at about an avg. of 5 ft and clean all day. What should i trust more so?
    MSW is not very accurate in predicting local conditions along the east coast. As an example, their forecast for MD/Delaware thursday is 3/5 stars while at the same time predicting 30 mile per hour sideshore winds. Garbage.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by john219921 View Post
    Your profile says your from New Jersey. Its looks a lot bigger then 2ft... South Jersey looks like it could be very good.
    Ocean City, NJ Surf Forecast

Thanks fellas, i havent been really checking up on the weather, and usually always trust the cams and swellinfo over MSW but just wanted your guys inputs, I'm heading out in OCNJ friday, hopefully this swell runs its projected path