LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    Not to derail the thread but how many would have made it without support from govt agencies? Or how many would have made if they were truly on their own?
    I think most people would have made it under the circumstances with no govt help(Im still without govt help).... for example... I was heating up my soup over candles.... so that I could enjoy luke warm soup. I would also boil water over candles (which took a long arse time) and make my coffee that way... I did that for 8 days before I finally had to abandon ship and stay with family elsewhere. But I could have survived even longer.
    Now... if I had no food and was dropped into the middle of the forest... well that's a different story...

the lesson learned that is to make sure you have a camp stove with plenty of fuel for the next time. Not quite a doomsday prepper but my house is pretty well stocked with food and ammo.

Images
    the lesson learned that is to make sure you have a camp stove with plenty of fuel for the next time. Not quite a doomsday prepper but my house is pretty well stocked with food and ammo.
    With ya on that...add alternative heating source and wood/pellets/whatever fuel you need if you live up north. If we were truly disrupted for whatever the reason it'd be impossible to survive the winter without it.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    With ya on that...add alternative heating source and wood/pellets/whatever fuel you need if you live up north. If we were truly disrupted for whatever the reason it'd be impossible to survive the winter without it.
    lots of people overlook 22 LR as well. great for shooting rabbits and squirrels for fresh meat.

Images
    lots of people overlook 22 LR as well. great for shooting rabbits and squirrels for fresh meat.
    Absolutely, and relatively cheap. Although one can never have enough, glad I picked up what .223 I have when I did, stuff is impossible to get around here these days.

Absolutely, and relatively cheap. Although one can never have enough, glad I picked up what .223 I have when I did, stuff is impossible to get around here these days.
    wanna sell some? I need .223 sniper rounds badly.

Images
    wanna sell some? I need .223 sniper rounds badly.
    Maybe once I get a bit more, not completely satisfied with the amount I have. Will keep you in mind though if I come across some.

Maybe once I get a bit more, not completely satisfied with the amount I have. Will keep you in mind though if I come across some.

I usually reload but can't even find powder.

Images
    It's pretty out of control at the moment.