LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wave priority

Quote Originally Posted by ecoastprock View Post
    My advise, don't surf swami's with only 7 months experience. Go somewhere else. . .
    I had to watch it again. Next time, let him go around you and count yourself lucky that you fell instead of getting pushed. If you had kept your cool, he woulda just zoomed right on by. Here's a mantra for you, "I am only an egg." And take a deep breath.

It's pretty shocking htat you have video evidence and still don't realize that you keeked it... Just because you looked and didn't see him doesn't mean he wasn't there... If you don't see a pedestrian and run them over in your car is it their fault?
    I know I'm being a di*k and I'm sorry... But you wouldn't have had an issue if you didn't feel the need to give the guy sh%t. Even if he did burn you (which he didn't, you burnt him) why did you need to tell him off. You've been surfing a few months. It's not like you've been surfing there forever and all these newbies are showing up and snaking you.
    Next time just be cool. Especially if you don't know if you're wrong... Assume your are and apologize, you'll make more friends

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I assumed I was gonna get sh*t for the gopro and my eagerness to surf swarmies. Like I said - this is a learning experience for me. I didn't know who was right/wrong and I'm not gonna paddle out and say, "excuse me sir, can you please explain who has the right of way?"

I'm usually pretty cool and calm and try to make friends out there. I guess I should've thought twice about approaching him but I was out there for a while without catching many waves... and I was tired of being a pushover all day. I don't surf Swami's that often but it's fun to go out and push myself.

Again, thanks for all the feedback. Now I know.

-Evan

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    I had to watch it again. Next time, let him go around you and count yourself lucky that you fell instead of getting pushed. If you had kept your cool, he woulda just zoomed right on by. Here's a mantra for you, "I am only an egg." And take a deep breath.

with a flop like that, dude could have serious NBA potential.

why are you at swami's if you dont know what a drop in is?

socal sucks.

la hoya shores, la joala shores, whatever you wanna call it, thats your spot, ev.
    Last edited by cackedinri; Mar 7, 2013 at 04:53 AM.

Only a matter of time before you get challenged to a bench-off.

All that aside, you look pretty good for only being at it 7 mos. That's about how long I've been at it. I try to stay off away from the more experienced surfers. Crowds aren't a problem east coast winter surfing. But I can't stay out 2 1/2 hours this time of year. Mistakes and misunderstandings happen. At 57, I've certainly made my share. Learn from them then move on. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Only a matter of time before you get challenged to a bench-off.
    Yankee, I was waiting for this one! Gave me a chuckle!

his wave. you were in the wrong. it's only a problem if you don't learn from it.

"Beginner-Intermediate" eh?

Another one of these huh?
    Last edited by Kahuna Kai; Mar 7, 2013 at 01:01 PM.