LOGIN | REGISTER

5'4 CANYON twin fin shaped by Rusty. Rare??

I've had this little 5'4 screw boxed twin fin with no dimensions in the foam, just Rusty's signature on the stringer. I'd love to learn its history/rarity and possibly it's value as I am in desperate need of a new quiver. I've held it tight since I got it when I was 8, and I've avoided riding it simply cause it has Rusty's name on it. Please fill me in if you can

Hi, I've seen a couple of these for sale over the years for about $200-400. That was asking price too, I have no idea what they got. Here's a link to a site that sells vintage boards and does appraisals, they might be able to give you a better idea of it's real value in a retail situation:
    http://vintagesurfboard.net/canyon.html

You should post some pics. Good luck.

Canyon Pictures

image.jpgimage.jpg
    Trying to get more pics up but swellinfo is quite slow on the iPhone
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Donny757 View Post
    image.jpgimage.jpg
    Trying to get more pics up but swellinfo is quite slow on the iPhone
    Nice board. Looks like it had a fin box slapped back on and a hole patched, right? Tail and nose need a little touching up I imagine. Any delam on the deck or rails?

It's so funny to see a board like that and then look at something like a Super Shadow. The designs are so close too, except for some channels, more and smaller fins and a little more foam forward than aft. Slightly different rockers and width, but I look at that Canyon and see the prototype. Short, wide board, lots of float.