LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: boots?

yeah, i figure i'll buy some boots just to be on the safe side. i was thinking probably 3mm, but would 5mm be the better way to go? i doubt i'll do any surfing in the middle of winter, i just want to extend into fall and early spring.

thanks for all the help.
    jd

Images
    for fall and early spring you will be fine in 3mm, but id say it would be worth your while to get 5 mils in case you decide you want to go out when it is a bit colder.

I have been been going for about the past month in no gloves and boots (Central New Jersey) and i have been just fine. Today when i went out I would say about 75% of the surfers out there werent wearing either.

i went out with no gloves today and had to go back to my car to put them on, its still cold and i put my 3-2 on and it was cold at first but then i got used to it, but after about an hour, it was too cold....my point here is, i shoulda kept wearing my thicker suit and kept the gloves on, and i will continue to do so until i feel hot, i don't know you u guys do it, i've surfed all winter too, the only thing i've shed so far is my hood

Man you guys are sissies. No boots, no gloves in Delmarva for the past 3 weeks. Tighten up pansies!