LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    In my surfing-related dreams, I never even make it to the beach. I'm always getting held up
    Same here. Every time. And it happens quite often.

I can see the waves, they're good, my plan is to go immediately but I end up running around for hours to get home, get my stuff and get back. There always seems to be a number of people who are trying to slow me down. I'm not aware of it in the dream but they seem to be trying to stall me. Once I was able to do what I needed to do to get back to the beach and as I was about to paddle out, alarm clock.

Actually I can't remember ever actually surfing in a dream.

My dream is that I'm at Waimea and it's huge. I'm paddling out thru a ton of white water, fighting my way over giant waves, only to find I'd paddle across the bay and am standing on the beach again. I wake up drenched in sweat and salt water pouring from my sinus'. I'm skeert! Someone hold me!

Images
    Funny, had a dream last night that I was paddling out and this endless set just kept dumping on me, couldn't make it outside. Have had the dream others mentioned about driving around and checking spots, finding waves, but never actually getting out. Funny how waves haunt our minds even in our sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by wallysurfr View Post
    Same here. Every time. And it happens quite often.

I can see the waves, they're good, my plan is to go immediately but I end up running around for hours to get home, get my stuff and get back. There always seems to be a number of people who are trying to slow me down. I'm not aware of it in the dream but they seem to be trying to stall me. Once I was able to do what I needed to do to get back to the beach and as I was about to paddle out, alarm clock.

Actually I can't remember ever actually surfing in a dream.
    Well, wally, of course you have a personal connection to get around that, don't you? WWJD

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Well, wally, of course you have a personal connection to get around that, don't you? WWJD
    HATE HATE HATE!

Wrong thread Yankee.

I have this dream in which I live in a deep sea house on giant pillars. And next to my house is an underwater mountain that acts as a reef giving way to 15 footers. I wake up and walk out to the deck to check the waves, grab my board and climb down the stairs and jump in...

Images
    My current nightmare is of me waking up and not living in OB and not having waves everyday. Then I wake up to the reality if it. Groundhog day

Images
    the recurring dream of not quite being able to get to the surf is really interesting, in that so many of us have experienced variations of this very theme. i wonder if enthusiasts of other sports/activities experience the same thing? for example, do golfers dream of not quite being able to get to the green?

Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    the recurring dream of not quite being able to get to the surf is really interesting, in that so many of us have experienced variations of this very theme. i wonder if enthusiasts of other sports/activities experience the same thing? for example, do golfers dream of not quite being able to get to the green?
    I think it's in the subconscious because everybody experiences it every so often, not being able to surf because of chores/errands, work, family stuff. Just not exaggerated like how it usually is in my dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonSurf View Post
    HATE HATE HATE!

Wrong thread Yankee.
    Wrong thread yourself, sparky. Develop a sense of humor or just plain lighten up, Francine.