LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    I can bench much more than 135. Not gonna get into this again last time there were some haters out who were a little fearsome. Just saying that all my jersey boys laugh at people that can't bench the bar with a big plate on each side.

The beach lifestyle...sex, surf, skate, run. Lifting up a 135 lb partner? Could be good motivation and fun. If you disagree, MEET ME AT MY BREAK! I will be the guy in the wetsuit

Quote Originally Posted by NJshredmachine View Post
    I can bench much more than 135. Not gonna get into this again last time there were some haters out who were a little fearsome. Just saying that all my jersey boys laugh at people that can't bench the bar with a big plate on each side.
    Call me when you can bench over 300.

Honestly, good advice from all but id say surf all waves and paddle the longboard when it's flat. The water will get you ripped. I skated and snowboarded, played baseball, soccer, ran and did good enough to get a piece of metal my life before living at a beach. Great I suppose but surfing even on the east coast has done more than all of those. It's a better lifestyle and much more enjoyable. I reckon you do that all your life and eat well and you will be in the best shape. Buying a rvca shirt and calling everyone a kook might work too.

Best advice line of all from swellinfo and I quote...1) buy a gun 2) put on a billabong shirt 3) shoot yourself in the face

Quote Originally Posted by FERRARI View Post
    I'll second CrossFit, but man boxes are getting crazy with their fees. Local box wanted $185 a month for 3 visits a week with a 6 month contract. I've stepped back from CrossFit and going back to doing my own thing.
    Agree, way too expensive...I dropped out after about 3 months, the price is ridiculous and who wants to compete at exercising, I'd rather do my own thing and save the mula.

Quote Originally Posted by NJshredmachine View Post
    Benching is old news, brah... besides the fact that it blows your shoulders out, try doing some close grip, wide grip and reverse grip pullups and cut the benching down to once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    Benching is old news, brah... besides the fact that it blows your shoulders out, try doing some close grip, wide grip and reverse grip pullups and cut the benching down to once a week.
    The exercise that opened my eyes was overhead squat. Hold a barbell over your head, arms extended, now squat down until your butt is below the bend in your knees. My shoulders were so tight I couldn't even do one with zero weight.

You want an upper body exercise, do a ring muscle up.

Quote Originally Posted by CBSCREWBY View Post
    Thanks for the info. Always looking for ways to stay in shape. Just ordered a used copy on Amazon. Was a competitive runner for 40 years on and off... Have coached track and Cross country for 18 years. Hope to compete again but I'm having JOINT ISSUES. It's not necessarily a form thing; it's wear and tear and genetics. I come from a family of runners and I am the least accomplished and I was pretty good. I'm pushing 50 and my siblings are older and they are starting to get some parts replaced. But I have a 60 year old brother in law who just completed his 100 marathon with all his joints intact.
    I noticed quite a few runners who surf, or surfers who run. I ran track and x-country in HS and one season of track in college. This was back in the early 70s in So Calif. I was a half miler. It's been all road running since. I'm 57 and still at it. In HS, we used to run down to the beach, put in a couple hours of body surfing and girl watching then head back home. About a 10 mile round trip. Steal a few oranges from trees and eat them along the way. Maybe sneak into the rich folks' country club swimming pool. Good times.

After jogging: I will cross step forward and back on a 7' creosote pole on a concrete slab to improve ballence.
    After swimming laps: I'll swim some lengths under water to improve wind.