LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fun surf today in Moco

Really fun surf this morning in the rain. Definitely a nice surprise for July.

Rain, cold water, waist high wind mush.
    Sounds amazing

Images
    Light rain, water at least warmed a little, shoulder high sets, and clean... and no crowd whatsoever...
    Was fun.

yeah...I was thinking i'll usually surf in the summer in small waves just because the water is warm.

When it's not warm (the water that is).....my approach is similar to winter conditions. It has to be worth it.

Checked a few spots in Deal. Looked mushy at best....

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by backside hack View Post
    yeah...I was thinking i'll usually surf in the summer in small waves just because the water is warm.

When it's not warm (the water that is).....my approach is similar to winter conditions. It has to be worth it.

Checked a few spots in Deal. Looked mushy at best....
    I guess it was a finicky swell. Checked one spot in SoMoCo and was waist high, mushy closeouts. Manasquan cam wasnt showing anything either. Looked a 1/2 mile north (around 5:30). It was clean, light offshores, long lines (getting 3 or 4 turns in). And it built slightly until i left at 7:30. Wore a 3/2, would have been fine in a 2mm short sleeve full. One guy wore booties, but that was overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Exit98Surf View Post
    I guess it was a finicky swell. Checked one spot in SoMoCo and was waist high, mushy closeouts. Manasquan cam wasnt showing anything either. Looked a 1/2 mile north (around 5:30). It was clean, light offshores, long lines (getting 3 or 4 turns in). And it built slightly until i left at 7:30. Wore a 3/2, would have been fine in a 2mm short sleeve full. One guy wore booties, but that was overkill.
    You went out in my front yard... so pissed... I'm sitting out with a effed up shoulder. Hopefully another day or two and I'll be good.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbug View Post
    Rain, cold water, waist high wind mush.
    Sounds amazing
    Maybe where you were. Southern monmouth was fun. Some shoulder high sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Exit98Surf View Post
    Exactly what I saw. A lot of spots were mush. I don't even bother with northern moco anymore. Replenishment killed it. I drive right by Deal. The breaks there suck or are overcrowded.

Images
    Nice sessions boys, sadly all I can do is drool all over my keyboard watching all the cams from RI to NC.

I got a friend in Bliock Island right now... I'm sure he's scoring.

Some punchy chest high surf this morning. Got crowded at about 9am. Spring suit was fine once you got wet. Water was a little funky with yard debris, but it at least it was clear.