Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
i have a few buddies who fell off the bandwagon.some guys will surf good for a few years then get tired of it.for me,i just like being in the water.i dont mind flat days.i lose myself in the water everytime.maybe your tired of crowds.they can be a drag,but with surfing the new fad,every kook wants to come have a take.years ago i could go months without seeing another surfer,and when i finally did meet someone that surfed,we'd talk about shyt like we knew each other forever.then u got as$holes who think they are superior,and u just want to crack them in the skull.slater dropps in on parko,everyone on facebook talks shyt,kelly your a kook,thats the dumbest move ever.people used to talk so much shyt about andy irons,that hes so disrespectful,hes a partyfreak,he has no respect for anyone in the water.then he dies and everyones kissing bruces as$.everybody has their ups and downs.i surf for fun,and i surf alone.i dont have anyone to impress and im not fixed on becoming a pro.some kids try so hard,and when they dont make it,they give up.thats not what surfing is about.maybe one day my son will pick up surfing and maybe he'll make something of it with his life,but i doubt it.theres too many great surfers out nowadays,and guys win through luck.people still talk smack about owen wright,lets not forget he whooped slaters behind at the quik pro in ny
true dat.... I remember reading on Andy Irons and he said even he lost his stoke on surfing and went through something like 3 or 6 month period where he didnt surf once....