LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 92

Thread: lost the stoke

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    3,239
    Quote Originally Posted by sonfollowerssurf View Post
    http://vimeo.com/61139071

    If you want to get the stoke back watch this link and share. Awesome video. Yes it is a surfing video but there is way more to it. If you know me, you know what it is about. This is stoke , this is real, this is how Jesus works in peoples lives.
    Still angling for free boards.

    Thread's been officially hijacked. Kinda surprised it took him this long to do it.

  2. #62
    get a new board

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chadwick
    Posts
    1,317
    i can't relate to 'lost the stoke.' life can get in the way,but if you really love it,you will always thirst for your next good wave

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by sonfollowerssurf View Post
    http://vimeo.com/61139071

    If you want to get the stoke back watch this link and share. Awesome video. Yes it is a surfing video but there is way more to it. If you know me, you know what it is about. This is stoke , this is real, this is how Jesus works in peoples lives.
    Sweet video dude, thanks for sharing. Seems like the movie they are putting out about his story will be legit. It was cool to see all the love the other guys were showing that kid; Christ's love

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    365
    Images
    2
    If you loose your stoke (passion) then It Is What It Is. I surf alone the last 8 years and rarely talk to other surfers. Snow, freezing nw winds. It doesn't matter cause its in me. If you have to question yourself then accept it and move on.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by marknel83 View Post
    If you loose your stoke (passion) then It Is What It Is. I surf alone the last 8 years and rarely talk to other surfers. Snow, freezing nw winds. It doesn't matter cause its in me. If you have to question yourself then accept it and move on.
    i'm pretty sure its still there, just need that push to wake me up early and get out for a few rather than sleep in like a bum. and believe it or not i tried the buying a new board thing...new merrick in january for the costa trip, hoping t0 get it into some good waves soon though

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    3,239
    Quote Originally Posted by marknel83 View Post
    If you loose your stoke (passion) then It Is What It Is. I surf alone the last 8 years and rarely talk to other surfers. Snow, freezing nw winds. It doesn't matter cause its in me. If you have to question yourself then accept it and move on.
    Just curious: did Gruvi ever make that Assateague unveiling? Or, could it have been the early version of njShredmachine?

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    21
    Images
    4
    Try shaping a board at home. I think it helps you feel more connected to your surfboard when you build it yourself. Also it is a great way to spark the stoke when waves are down. Greenlightsurfsupply.com has the materials and videos.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by arabseamonkey View Post
    i'm pretty sure its still there, just need that push to wake me up early and get out for a few rather than sleep in like a bum. and believe it or not i tried the buying a new board thing...new merrick in january for the costa trip, hoping t0 get it into some good waves soon though
    If you think it's still there find someone who wants to learn and teach them. Nothing fires stoke like watching someone grab their first wave and literally watch the bug bite them right at the moment.

    Then you have a surf buddy who wants to go all the time - no matter what the conditions, VAS or ankle slappers. Their new stoke will feed your old stoke. I've done this, it works.

  10. #70
    For me im in the peak stoke and its getting more. Been at it for 7 yrs full time and I dont see myself stopping. Going to a college by the ocean helps so I dont get side tracked into the drinking scene. You gotta find people who are as stoked as you. I got a few of my friends OBSESSED in surfing booging and its fun to be amped and discuss forecasts and plan the next session. I think facebook helped connect alot of people you meet people who comment on photos and all the sudden you are surfing with them every session. Its so sad i have some friends who RIP but they are real picky and the waves are never good enough for them. Im goin out if its rideable knee high to victory at sea.

    too many people are bull****ters and spend so much time standing on the dunes with their arms crossed sipping coffee....."its closed out... it was better the other day.....its choppy....theres current...." sick of those pussies more waves for me.

    And reguardless of your money situation, you can budget to get a good wetsuit. If you have a sick wetsuit quiver that is stretchy and warm you are so much more motivated to go out. I have a 6/5 and a 4/3 so no matter how rough it is i know im not going to get cold.

    Im stoked tuesday looking like an all day session. Get on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!