LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

got my first board, have a few questions

hey guys, i am going on a trip to florida in april and was going to rent a board, but i got the chance to buy a used board for only a little bit more than renting one for a few days would be. It is a channel islands rob machado signature series 6' 4'' by 18 7/8'' by 2 3/8''.(It also came with fins, traction pad, leash, and board bag) I was just wondering what size rider and what types of waves this board is for. I just couldn't find this board online (probably an older model) so any info on it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

heres some pics if that helps.009.jpg007.jpg006.jpg014.jpg012.jpg
    Theres a couple small dents on the top and bottom but the only damage that goes into the board is the ding on nose, how would i fix that?

Images
    what is your height weight and surfing ability .

Im 5'9'' 140lbs and ive never surfed before haha, but i skimboard, snowboard, skateboard so ive got pretty good balance.

Balance isn't the issue... more about timing the waves, catching them, and standing them... I am sure you would do fine staying on a board balance-wise.

That board may be a little short. I had a few buddies who were really good skaters and snowboarders, but bobbed around in the ocean like a cork on a 6'4" board not being able to catch anything. The guy I am thinking of specifically was a lot bigger than you though at like 6'3" and 200.

This may be a better board for long term, but your rides over the trip may be limited unless you get a short longboard or some kind of funboard.

especially in florida... I am from NY, but i go to florida frequently (West Palm area) and I have a 6' 1" that I rarely use because its flat (Moreso, in late spring like April than in the winter). I usually end up just riding my log on ankle high waves if I am lucky

thanks, im staying in cocoa beach for about a week and possibly go down to sebastian inlet for a day or two. What size waves would this be good for? and when the water gets warmer i will be surfing RI frequently, how would it perform there?

Quote Originally Posted by cole View Post
    thanks, im staying in cocoa beach for about a week and possibly go down to sebastian inlet for a day or two. What size waves would this be good for? and when the water gets warmer i will be surfing RI frequently, how would it perform there?
    That is probably preferred in waist and higher waves. Normal FL waves are under waist high. I suggest finding a fun shape. It has some of the float you find in a log, but can turn fairly well. It also helps you get used to shorter boards. I can catch anything from ankle to waist high with my 7'4" fun shape.

Quote Originally Posted by cole View Post
    Cole,

We have a beach ministry in Cocoa Beach. Check us out on facebook Son Followers Ministry Cocoa Beach. Dude be careful who you listen to on this forum, they like to steer you in the wrong direction sometimes. Give us a call 321-626-9107 or email sonfollowerssurf@yahoo.com. I will get you a board to use for a couple of days FREE.

Impacting the coast for Jesus

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by sonfollowerssurf View Post
    Cole,

We have a beach ministry in Cocoa Beach. Check us out on facebook Son Followers Ministry Cocoa Beach. Dude be careful who you listen to on this forum, they like to steer you in the wrong direction sometimes. Give us a call 321-626-9107 or email sonfollowerssurf@yahoo.com. I will get you a board to use for a couple of days FREE.

Impacting the coast for Jesus

Wayne

Dude, be careful who you listen to on this forum...?!

Wait. Are you saying that just because some of us disagree with your professed, twisted skill of enticing kids to your side with surfboards, candy & who knows what else, that we're steering people in the wrong direction?

No. No 'wayne.' You're working this kid.
    Come to you & he gets a free board.
    Put up with your brainwashing & proselytizing, he gets a free board.
    Problem is....it ain't free.

Not only have you hijacked another thread on this forum, you piece of self-righteous, self-aggrandizing, lying sack, you've shown your true colors by ripping on every person who posts on this forum.

As well, you are, again, tryingto lure young people to you with merchandise. If your gawd is so powerful, if he's the way & the truth, then you would never ever have to entice young people with your sick materialistic goods.

No, wayne. You are the wack job.

And kid cole, if you're reading this: just remember that many serial killers have the middle name of wayne. I'm not making that up.
    Last edited by yankee; Mar 20, 2013 at 01:09 AM.