LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Boardwalks and Rainforests

Just wondering how everyone feels when a local town uses wood from the rainforest to build their new boardwalk?

Check your info the only town I heard ALMOST did was Belmar. They ended up switching due to the rainforest issue.

Quote Originally Posted by mdahrouge View Post
    Check your info the only town I heard ALMOST did was Belmar. They ended up switching due to the rainforest issue.
    fraid your wrong my brother!

Images
    use piles of trees or produce piles of plastic.

Re-use piles of plastic to make a boardwalk maybe?

I heard they were going to use Great White Shark blood to paint it. Its cheaper than paint and looks better. So stoked

The wood is going to have to come from somewhere. I'm not sure why one would want to import wood from the Rainforest? The state of Georgia is one of the world's largest producer of raw wood - a project like this should stay in the US.

of all the trees. The f*#^in rain forest?! Dumbest thing I've heard in a while. Find any number of hundreds of loggers that do selective cutting in the US. Plenty of different types of wood to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSoul View Post
    Re-use piles of plastic to make a boardwalk maybe?
    VA Beach Oceanfront "board" walk is concrete and asphalt.

Walkways over the dunes in other parts of VB are constructed of recycled plastic made to appear like gray-brown wood.

As long as it's harvested sustainably, wood is a renewable resource. For SURE I would be against using virgin plastic for "boards." Recycled plastic might be the best answer.