LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Question Full deck traction pad?

Just curious about the pro/con of a full deck pad. Seems like a good idea to protect the board from pressure dings.and no need to wax. What about performance? I never see a short board with deck pads and I figured it must affect the board...extra weight?

one's chest and stomach might not think its such a great idea... I doubt I would go for it.

Images
    say goodbye to your nipples

I have a couple of boards with full deck traction that I use to kite surf. On occasion, I have surfed them and in the winter, in a fullsuit its fine. In the summer it will kill your chest, stomach and thighs. Even with a shirt on, the rash will get gnarly.

I think Julian Wilson may occasionally use a front foot traction pad. But I'm pretty sure you don't see it more often b/c of the rash that would ensue.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by csburg View Post
    I have a couple of boards with full deck traction that I use to kite surf. On occasion, I have surfed them and in the winter, in a fullsuit its fine. In the summer it will kill your chest, stomach and thighs. Even with a shirt on, the rash will get gnarly.

I think Julian Wilson may occasionally use a front foot traction pad. But I'm pretty sure you don't see it more often b/c of the rash that would ensue.
    As a kitesurfer, I'm curious to know which boards you find work well for you for both surfing and kitesurfing - preferably good for light wind

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by darippah View Post
    As a kitesurfer, I'm curious to know which boards you find work well for you for both surfing and kitesurfing - preferably good for light wind
    Coil industries or LibTech's are the best I have personally used for strapless kiting and surfing. I liked the Coil over the Lib.

Quote Originally Posted by superbust View Post
    Ah...did not even think about board rash. I guess if you only surf cold water(wetsuit) it would be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by superbust View Post
    Shoot I lose half a nipple to sex wax every season. Say good bye to your d*ck head.

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    Shoot I lose half a nipple to sex wax every season. Say good bye to your d*ck head.
    You're going to look like a Ken doll after using full deck traction, no nipples and no manhood. It's going to tear off your wobbly bits and wedding tackle bruh!

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    Being married, mine's safely packed in my wife's purse for my protection.