LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    that means everyone from Sunskipper will be looking elsewhere to surf. i hope the Tiki Bar will retain enough of a bump to break...otherwise, we're all going to be out at the Pipe.
    That's what tends to happen here, too. You take a growing surfing population and squeeze them into a shrinking resource base. That's when things start to get ugly...

If we call the pipe by its full name, "The Sh!t Pipe, Great Purveyor of Raw Sewage," maybe we can scare off a few. It will be interesting to see what north of the pier does. Last time I was there it was working in that little space between the groin and the pier. That is a groin and not just a broken pier isn't it?

I remember the last renourishment project and I surf at the pipe pretty much exclusively, usually south side and it definately did not help the conditions and just made everything close out more than usual. You also get the positive of storm water run off so if you are coming from Sunskipper clean your ears when you get out or you will get sick, if you need further proof google earth the pipe and look at the giant brown stain that surrounds the end of the pipe....looks like a giant tootsie roll pop.

Renourishment really screwed the break up a couple years ago. Used to be better in lower tide. Wish we could get an artificial reaf.