LOGIN | REGISTER

Info on DCB/Gary Propper board appreciated

While looking to buy a used surfboard, I ran into a 7' 5\" GP Model, Quiet Flight Noserider, designed by D.C.B. and probably shaped by Bruce Ragan (his signature is on the board). Could anyone shine some info on this board? Would it make a good fun/beginner's board? My guess is that the board is late 80s, early 90s. It'll need minor repairs since it's got some dings. Seller is asking $250 and was told that it belonged to Carrot Top. Thnx in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good "fun" board. With that double bump swallow tail, might not be great for a beginner. Quiet Flight is out of OBX I think.

Gary Propper invented Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and he helped discover Carrot Top. Quiet Flight is in Cocoa Beach. Looks like a good board to learn on. It will catch most anything, and can probably ride up to chest high waves plus. Have fun... swell is on its way in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by sisurfdogg View Post
    Gary Propper invented Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and he helped discover Carrot Top. Quiet Flight is in Cocoa Beach. Looks like a good board to learn on. It will catch most anything, and can probably ride up to chest high waves plus. Have fun... swell is on its way in a few days.
    Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird invented the TMNT. I have the first issue bagged and backed at home.
    What can I say, I collect comics and Star Wars memorabilia. Surfboards are just one of my many vices.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird invented the TMNT. I have the first issue bagged and backed at home.
    What can I say, I collect comics and Star Wars memorabilia. Surfboards are just one of my many vices.
    Got one too bro (Christmas present from my wife)! I totally forgot I had it. Now I am gonna have to dig it out. I'm sure Propper was involved in producing the TV show. TMNTs rule!!! ( Until Spongebob came along...he is now the king. "Jellyfish Jam" episode is epic!!!!).