LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    should have just agreed with the hive, sly

Images
    Not to trivialize anybody's loss, but IMO R.I. beachbreaks have improved since Sandy. More clearly defined peaks, longer waves, etc. Since there's minial structural debris, rebar and other random dangerous crap are not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Not to trivialize anybody's loss, but IMO R.I. beachbreaks have improved since Sandy. More clearly defined peaks, longer waves, etc. Since there's minial structural debris, rebar and other random dangerous crap are not an issue.
    I think Jersey has a much better break. Long Island is closeout central now. everyone head to jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post

yea man I agree, R.I. definitely has seen some improvement despite all the damage. Although considering how generous this winter has been to the east coast with swell it's hard to tell what was Sandy's doing, and whats just good swell hitting traditionally good spots.

Images
    ^^^^^Indeed.

There are no waves on the east coast.

If you say there are no waves on the east coast, you're just an ignorant fool.

Quote Originally Posted by mgshevs View Post
    If you say there are no waves on the east coast, you're just an ignorant fool.
    That's the truth

Pretty sure it was sarcasm people, everybody knows there are waves on the E. Coast.

It's sand people. Jetties and sand bars change all the time.
    I never understood the people that stick to one jetty religiously. The sand shifts all time, from summer and winter quite dramatically. Sandy changed everything. Some spots are just deep holes now with no breaking waves, others are setting up better than ever. for the most part the storm pulled the sand off the beaches and you can find sandbars further out now.