LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Couldn't make it outside...

I almost never make this type of post, but I couldn't resist...

Sitting at work...thinking about this afternoon...so I pulled up the cam to look around for a few minutes. Saw these guys making an attempt for a good 10 minutes or so about 15 minutes ago...didn't see them get outside. Hope the rest of you made out better if you jumped out this morning...can't wait for the clean up!

good try.jpg

I saw the same thing! Those poor poor little black blobs. Heading over there now. Keep an eye on me.

One of the most frustrating and humbling feelings I've ever had in my life: not making it outside.

Images
    Getting humbled from time to time is a good thing, more humans need to experience it.

A test of fortitude. If nothing else, you get one hell of a workout. Beats pumping weights in a smelly gym.

Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    A test of fortitude. If nothing else, you get one hell of a workout. Beats pumping weights in a smelly gym.
    Exactly. And if you actually make it, you are damn proud of yourself.

Images
    And if not, nothing else better to take a beating from than the ocean.

Been a long time since i've been denied, but those times where I did get sent packing I learned from big time, made me stronger, and let me know where I stand in the "food chain" so to speak. Been a few years since that's happened to me, and I know it'll happen again one day when I paddle out into some serious VAS conditions but not having that happen to me in the last few years lets me know i've gotten a lot better.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudicles View Post
    One of the most frustrating and humbling feelings I've ever had in my life: not making it outside.
    ...culminating in the Walk Of Shame, as you slink back up the beach to where you started.

Thankfully I have not had this happen to me in a while. I like to think I have gotten much better in an all around sense. However, I also make more informed decisions now. I am well aware that it is going to be really hard to paddle out on big giant blown out days at beach breaks. If this is the case I will make my way to some sort of point or somewhere I can paddle around the big mess. Luckily up here in NH/MA this is an option for us. Big pounding beach break that is breaking way far out will definitely leave you walking back up the beach tired and defeated from time to time. This still happens to some of my buddies who are not as strong at paddling, or they ride boards that are harder for them to duck dive, which tires them out quickly. Or sometimes they have too much trouble making it back out after catching a wave, and then thats all she wrote for their session. Leaving me in the water to be like "where the **** is he going?"
    Sometimes there is not much of a choice either. Sometimes conditions dont clean up, or the swell is gone before it does. Its either attempting to make it to the outside, or get no waves at all. I go for the former