LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    If it's all time? Christmas morning, or anything important to my kids (my wife understands, my kids don't). Other than that, that's about it, really. If it's just an average day, responsibilities come first. I can't even think about fishing if it's going off.

Images
    i have (and really was kicking myself for it but i did make dean's list because if it) and would miss it for an exam at school. im in my junior year of college here at virginia wesleyan here in VB and ive had to do this multiple times but in the end, i hope, it will be worth it. getting a bachelor of science in earth and environmental science hopefully will keep me near the ocean so i can surf and scrape by on a paycheck.

Voluntarily give up a day of surf? Yeah, uh No.

Only when I travel to someplace with better surf with the clear understanding on the part of all traveling companions that upon arrival at our final destination the first thing that will be unpacked will be the Santa Monica hard shell and that I will then disappear until such time as I have been sufficiently re-brined.

I got married at the cliffs overlooking Black's Beach to a shaper's daughter. Most of the wedding party (myself included) were still soggy. The Mrs. gets it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 757surfer View Post
    i have (and really was kicking myself for it but i did make dean's list because if it) and would miss it for an exam at school. im in my junior year of college here at virginia wesleyan here in VB and ive had to do this multiple times but in the end, i hope, it will be worth it. getting a bachelor of science in earth and environmental science hopefully will keep me near the ocean so i can surf and scrape by on a paycheck.
    I'm getting the same degree as you but at UNCW. Mine is a B.S. in Physical Environmental Science, math/physics ****in sucks!!!

I'm curious. what is the current job market for that degree?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    I'm curious. what is the current job market for that degree?
    It is growing and shrinking at the same time. It seems Governmental EVS jobs are shrinking due to the budget, but private jobs are growing due to the incentives put forth in recent years to go green. Hopefully, within say 5-10 years, green jobs will increase dramatically. Nebraska has so many vacant jobs they're literally paying for housing just so you come work there. For now, I have family in Colorado, Cali, Delaware, Maine, and Florida, so I'm set to take off a few years and bounce around the room.

Environmental consulting firms are the best way to go with that sort of degree IMO. You travel a lot but can live in a more ideal place. The big plus is all the frequent flyer miles you get on someone else's dime... which, of course, means free plane tickets for surf trips.

Images
    yea exactly what superbust and erock said. hopefully i could be like a park ranger or something right out of school. i just cant be in a monkey suit (tie and shirt) everyday and be stuck behind a desk. Id rather get paid less to be by the ocean and working outside. Park ranger in hawaii, CA, or down in Hatteras would be nice

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Voluntarily give up a day of surf? Yeah, uh No.

Only when I travel to someplace with better surf with the clear understanding on the part of all traveling companions that upon arrival at our final destination the first thing that will be unpacked will be the Santa Monica hard shell and that I will then disappear until such time as I have been sufficiently re-brined.

I got married at the cliffs overlooking Black's Beach to a shaper's daughter. Most of the wedding party (myself included) were still soggy. The Mrs. gets it.
    If i ever get married, i want to get married to a woman exactly like your wife haha

I'd give up a day of surfing for front row Pearl Jam at Wrigley this summer. I'd give up a summer of surfing to go back in time to see The Wailers in 75. Any show.