LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    Just became a Dad last weekend, definitely give up a day of surfing to hang with my daughter. But I hope eventually she'll paddle out with me.
    Congrats! I'm a new dad too (since the day of Hurricane Sandy Oct. 29). Seeing that he was born on one of the biggest-ever days in MD history, I'm hoping he will love the water. We took him to the Caribbean two weeks ago and got him wet...he loved it! Stay positive, and enjoy the little angel!

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    last year I was a groomsman in my buddy's wedding. It was on the beach in south nags head. It was early september and it was firing, but I couldn't touch it. We had to set **** up all day, then wedding, then reception. All within sight of the ocean. Torture. The next day it was all blown out.
    Oh man, we did this on my ship in Hawaii. It was cookin' on the North Shore, and we were at sea all weekend. Our captain had us drive by a few miles offshore and called me personally up to the bridge so that I wouldn't "miss the chance" to look at it. He meant well and was an amazing wonderful man, but the whole time I was thinking, "dude W.T.F.!!!! you're killin' me!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    We had bleacher seats. I asked a girl "usher" where, she just pointed back towards a wall and continued smoking her fatty. we went up front. they played for over an hour, left for what seemed like 30 min, came back for over an hour again.
    Dam that must have been awesome, sounds like a good time. I wasn't even in diapers yet.

Quote Originally Posted by live aloha View Post
    Congrats! I'm a new dad too (since the day of Hurricane Sandy Oct. 29). Seeing that he was born on one of the biggest-ever days in MD history, I'm hoping he will love the water. We took him to the Caribbean two weeks ago and got him wet...he loved it! Stay positive, and enjoy the little angel!
    She's a Pisces, so that's a start.

Also, I'm surprised that its been pretty flat this week. With my luck, I thought it'd be going off while I'm at home doing Daddy duty.

am i the only one that thinks pearl jam sounds like a guy trying to take a ****?

i was a 90s kid and pearl jam was a big part of that grunge scene... eddy vedder surfs i believe too

Quote Originally Posted by hinmo24t View Post
    i was a 90s kid and pearl jam was a big part of that grunge scene... eddy vedder surfs i believe too
    Vedder is pals with Laird Hamilton. Sundance has a program, Iconoclast. Vedder wrote a song about Laird.

Quote Originally Posted by Feesh View Post
    Dam that must have been awesome, sounds like a good time. I wasn't even in diapers yet.
    Yeah it was a better era before zero tolerance. The usher was talking to a cop when we approached. she had the fatty behind her back. It was either because she was hot or because the place was already full of smoke, but the piggy didn't notice.

Congrats, McLovin' and live aloha....Chicharronne, that is epic! Would have loved to see him/them then, but i wasn't here until the end of '76. I saw The Wailers a couple months ago up in Philly, Aston Barrett was the only original member...it was amazing with just the family man kickin' it, i can't even begin to imagine how awesome it must have been to see Bob in flesh and bone.

Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    Vedder is pals with Laird Hamilton. Sundance has a program, Iconoclast. Vedder wrote a song about Laird.
    Yeah, he's even talked about Slater taking him to crazy waves that have jeopardized the future of the band.