LOGIN | REGISTER

No quad fins, but a set of M5s & a set of M3s

Lacking a set of quad fins at the moment. Anybody ever run M5s in front with M3 trailers? I figure it's worth at least some laughs.

Anyone got a decent set of medium or large template quads they want to part with? Cash money or trade a set of TC Aqualines in a medium thruster.

Baby needs some new shoes.

Images
    I did that with a Lost stealth and it sucked (obviously). I just kept the thruster till I got some new fins. The M3s are too big of trailers to use with M5s; it was too stiff. Go to a local shop and they'll probably have tons of miscellaneous fins laying around they'll part with for cheap. Or, shave your M3s down to a new size fin. I think someone on this forum did that to make a knubster like kelly rides?

Thanks man. I was afraid that they might be too big. Oh well, I'll run it as a thruster until I can score some half decent quads.

If they are FCS glass flex just cut 'em down... thought GX trailers were good on a few quads but I had multiple other sets of trailers that I didn't like on my twin with a trailer (too big...like riding a stiff thruster and totally losing the point of riding a twin), or in combination with some of my bigger front fins on certain quads. Started hacking away at fins...favorite ones are from stretch trailers modified to 1/3 size trailers, single tab, keel shapes, with a good size trailing edge, cut to sit up off the bottom of the board and flex (not flush...like a mini version of some of those Rasta keel types). Took a couple of tries and getting out of the water to use a hacksaw blade, vise grips, and sand paper to fine tune...surf...repeat. But ended up stoked with the result.
    Last edited by Stranded in Smithfield; Mar 21, 2013 at 05:48 AM.