LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hayden Shapes

Quote Originally Posted by live4truth View Post
    The foam on my Global is a different quality...seems less dense compared to the marko foam from pure glass. Maybe a 1.5lb eps compared to a 2lb marko eps...Hard to explain without having the two side by side...but it's a noticeable difference in weight.
    Is that good or bad?

Images
    i would rather have the marko foam ,guess my next hayden will be from pure glass.

Quote Originally Posted by vbbutton View Post
    Is that good or bad?
    Your core is always key in my opinion when it comes to durability. Denser foam will hold up a bit better in the long run. Further...just as a general FYI... I've found some obvious differences between the global and GSI boards. Although, the GSI boards foam is lighter/not as dense, the quad axial glass seemed to be a lighter weight as it was barely noticeable comparatively to my pure glass version--maybe it was a Glassing issue--who knows but it's what I've observed. . However, the GSI's carbon layup looked a lot cleaner...additionally, the finish overall was cleaner.

If you're looking for a board OTR the GSI boards aren't bad at all. If ur willing to wait and pay a bit more for the shipping (unless ur buying 5+) for a board from the west coast go for it. Personally, my hypto krypton is a GSI and I'm happy with it and would buy OTR again--further, I don't doubt the GSI would hold up given the future flex Glassing...foot wells may be deep, but if its ur go to it'll get beat up regardless. But I don't ride mine everyday...