LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shallow Spots

both mentioned already, but just to second it, low tide Playa Negra and low tide rivermouth at avellenas. avellenas has dry reef on the take-off, and negra has dry reef on the inside. either way, don't go left at either, and make sure you kick out at the end at negra, cause floaters and airs aren't fun when its a foot of water you're landing in over lava reef

Images
    Calafia Mexico on a doh-toh day... The point break starts with exposed spear reefs, like natural rebar, shacks up for a few hundred yards then ends in a boneyard... You have to paddle about 1/2 mile back around the point to exit in the little cove where mushrooms is, which is another exposed spear reef take off. Horseshoe & Hospitals low tide... and an un-named reef point in mexico... still have a gash on the side of my forehead from that one... It was only a chest+ day too.

lost a fin and ended up tied up with a sponge at kewalos then lighthouses way inside

We surfed Paunch in Bocas Del Torro in like 6-8 heavy barrels. My buddy got caught inside and ended up with this: http://youtu.be/eOCDp0fLBQc Take offs over pretty shallow reef.

Sand Key in Clearwater, FL yesterday during the bottom of low tide

Images
    South Delaware on monster swells

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Erock View Post
    I can't find a link to the photo, but there is a pic of a Tasmanian slab on Surfline's most recent "social absorption" article. Go check it out.... looks heavyheavyheavy!
    Holy god. Spots like that intrigue the hell out of me. How do people surf there without dying. Even the best surfers have to make a mistake at least once. Thats one of the scariest looking waves i ever seen.

Images
    I also should of stated that i meant shallowest spots over reef or rock. Iv broken both arms, my wrist, and nose surfing heavy waves over sand in OCNJ. It makes me wonder how the hell people surf some of these waves.

Images
    check this
    this is crazy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bbop1322 View Post
    Sand Key in Clearwater, FL yesterday during the bottom of low tide
    haha, I was out today and slammed my back into the sandbar. Shallow as hell there, but fun.